Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Howdy for NE Georgia

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  peggjam 
#1 ·
I am located in Auburn Ga, just NE of Atlanta. While I am not exactly new to beekeeping or the forums, I thought I would take this time to say Hi to all, and Welcome to the newcomers. I had bees for 2 years in Texas, on the border, and this is my second summer in Georgia. It is like two different worlds, nothing from the deep south seems to apply here. Seasons and timing are totally out of sync with what I knew before. The advice recieved her has been very useful in the past and while several points of view usually arive the give you things to mull over in making your own discissions.

BTW: my name is Ron and I am 61 yrs. Surviving 2 heart attavks has slowwed me a step of two, but on we go.

#2 ·
welcome aboard ron. we are about the same age.. you are perhaps a year or so older.

by on the border may I assume you are talking about the brownsville/mcallen area?

my first comment long, long ago while looking over my first mentor's should and down into a hive he had just opened which was crawling with what appeared to be a million stinging insect... 'wow, there is a whole life full of stuff to learn just in that little white box.'

#5 ·
by on the border may I assume you are talking about the brownsville/mcallen area?
That is the area, actually in a smaller town named Alamo, Tx.

And to dragonfly:

Yes, the bees I had in the first fall, where AHB by spring. All I noticed was that they swarmed sooner (2 hives became 8 in abt 4 months) and they follow longer when aggitated.

#9 ·
Hey Ron, welcome..an we're still in the freezer...so ya might not want to tell us what kind of pollen the girls are bringing in...least ways not yet.

There are answers here, but the answers make you ask more questions...so...um....hope you don't want all them answers in one setting...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.