Hybrid View

Post Howdy for NE Georgia

I am located in Auburn Ga, just NE of Atlanta. While I am not exactly new to beekeeping or the forums, I thought I would take this time to say Hi to all, and Welcome to the newcomers. I had bees for 2 years in Texas, on the border, and this is my second summer in Georgia. It is like two different worlds, nothing from the deep south seems to apply here. Seasons and timing are totally out of sync with what I knew before. The advice recieved her has been very useful in the past and while several points of view usually arive the give you things to mull over in making your own discissions.

BTW: my name is Ron and I am 61 yrs. Surviving 2 heart attavks has slowwed me a step of two, but on we go.
    ! ! ! 4 years and STILL a bee-ginner ! ! !

welcome aboard ron. we are about the same age.. you are perhaps a year or so older.

by on the border may I assume you are talking about the brownsville/mcallen area?

my first comment long, long ago while looking over my first mentor's should and down into a hive he had just opened which was crawling with what appeared to be a million stinging insect... 'wow, there is a whole life full of stuff to learn just in that little white box.'

Greetings Ron and welcome....... The answers are here.

Welcome aboard Ron.
    Did you ever have AHBs when you were on the Texas border? Just curious.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    by on the border may I assume you are talking about the brownsville/mcallen area?
    That is the area, actually in a smaller town named Alamo, Tx.

And to dragonfly:

Yes, the bees I had in the first fall, where AHB by spring. All I noticed was that they swarmed sooner (2 hives became 8 in abt 4 months) and they follow longer when aggitated.

Welcome aboard! Now...just don't go bragging about how your bees are bringing in pollen or you're harvesting honey while us Northerners are still shoveling snow!!! Good to have you here!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Big Grin OK, I won't

Guess you don't want to know that we been collection pollen for over a month now. OK, I won't tell you then.

Thanks for not telling me! Just to be safe, I didn't read it
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"