Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  MSbeekeeper 
#1 ·
Hello, I come to you from Columbus Mississippi which is in northern MS. many people are asking me how I got into bees. Well truth be told, my wife and I eat so much honey I just woke up one day and said lets keep bees. So in janurary I ordered two hive and 2 sets of bees along with gear. I've got one hive built and the other is still in the box. My Bees will be here 11 May which is later than I want but I'm okay with it.

I have many hobbies and this just added to it. I have 3 cats, a great dane, a 75 gallon reef aqurium, and now bees. I am currently working as a T-6 flight simulator technician and am going to school full time working on my MBA. Life is busy but I am so excited about beekeeping and nervous at the same time. Now I just have to figure where to put my hives and wait till May!! Wish me luck!!

#9 ·
I have contacted them and joined. I am now enjoying the ABJ mag that comes with the membership. I'm gonna try to attended the 3 day class at state if work permits. I really wanted to go to the 1 day class in Jackson but again work interferes. I have talked with one of the speakers and asked if they can film it and that if they can I would love to purchase it. We shall see, he said he will see what he can do. This site is great, keep up the good work and thanks for all the info!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.