Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello, I come to you from Columbus Mississippi which is in northern MS. many people are asking me how I got into bees. Well truth be told, my wife and I eat so much honey I just woke up one day and said lets keep bees. So in janurary I ordered two hive and 2 sets of bees along with gear. I've got one hive built and the other is still in the box. My Bees will be here 11 May which is later than I want but I'm okay with it.

I have many hobbies and this just added to it. I have 3 cats, a great dane, a 75 gallon reef aqurium, and now bees. I am currently working as a T-6 flight simulator technician and am going to school full time working on my MBA. Life is busy but I am so excited about beekeeping and nervous at the same time. Now I just have to figure where to put my hives and wait till May!! Wish me luck!!

beyond all the other stuff... good luck with them bees.

Greetings MS....... You have come to the right place.
    If you have a question, the answers are usually here.

Explore the whole site, there is a section with some
    simple woodworking plans and lots of other goodies.

Welcome MSbeekeeper. Beekeeping is a learn-as-you-go process. Don't let it stop you.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Welcome aboard. You've landed at a good place!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

A very big welcome to you ! I'll second what Sundance said---the woodworking link in here is no less than amazing. You'll find the folks here to be mighty nice, too.
    LtlWilli

Welcome Neighbor! I am just north of you in Pontotoc County. If you have not already, I would encourage you to contact the Miss. Beekeepers in Starkville. They will be having some courses this spring. You are in for a great adventure. Good Luck.

Welcome to the forum...if you have any questions just ask...
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by paintingpreacher View Post
    Welcome Neighbor! I am just north of you in Pontotoc County. If you have not already, I would encourage you to contact the Miss. Beekeepers in Starkville. They will be having some courses this spring. You are in for a great adventure. Good Luck.
    I have contacted them and joined. I am now enjoying the ABJ mag that comes with the membership. I'm gonna try to attended the 3 day class at state if work permits. I really wanted to go to the 1 day class in Jackson but again work interferes. I have talked with one of the speakers and asked if they can film it and that if they can I would love to purchase it. We shall see, he said he will see what he can do. This site is great, keep up the good work and thanks for all the info!!