Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello Everyone

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Jeffzhear 
#1 ·
I am new to this forum and to beekeeping. I was advised by Sundance to put a little introduction up here. So here goes =]

I live in North Idaho with my wonderful wife (she is actually getting me the beekeeping stuff for my birthday, which is today!), 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son, two dogs, 6 chickens, 5 rabbits and their litters, and a very nocturnal hamster with a squeeky exercise wheel.

We moved from the city to a 10 acre plot of land about 5 years ago to get some peace and try to get closer to nature. It worked. Nature has a strange habit of moving in, invited or not.

I am a computer technician by trade and spend the rest of my time woodworking, carving, pyrography, metal working, leatherworking, gardening, raising chickens and rabbits and now...beekeeping!

Well, not quite yet. My first order of bees will be here April 15th.

I am looking forward to meeting many of you and learning from your vast wealth of knowledge.

Sincerely,
Marcus

See less See more
#2 ·
Sheesh!!! No one bothered to warn you about Sundance yet!!! :eek: :lookout:

Wow, shoulds like you got the setup going on there Marcus!

Great to have you join us. Hope you find as much enjoyment here as the rest of us do.

WELCOME!

#4 ·
Welcome Marcus........... From a city lot to 10 acres,
now that's changing gears. Sounds like a nice setup
and a great place to bring up you kids.

This site made it possible for me to get into beekeeping
by helping to avoid so many stumbling blocks. So many
great folks here that always take the time to answer
your questions.

#10 ·
she is actually getting me the beekeeping stuff for my birthday, which is today

Welcome to the forum...we already share something, same birthday:D...didn't know anyone else was nuts enough to be born on that day..hehe.

Need to get your wife to help with the hives, she'll enjoy it.:) So maybe a beesuit for her birthday would be a good investment..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.