Default cell phone towers

HELP! They are planning another cell tower in our town(near my property). I've read that the radiation from these things may be harming the bees( and a lot of other things). Can anyone give me a reliable and credible source of information? I'm not a real enviro. nut, but this stuff, where we have no controll over exposure, really bothers me. Thanks!

I have 2 hives located 300 feet from a cell tower and they have been there for 4 years with little problem. The only problems I have had with these hives is vandelism from the partyers at night that frequent the tower area to party. The tower was put there 4 years ago on a neighbors property but the hives have been there 9 years.
    Clint
    Clinton Bemrose<br />just South of Lansing Michigan<br />Beekeeping since 1964

Dave Mendes has one right on his place in Florida and he's mating queens there.
    I am holding on to the hope I have inside... Kutless

Thanks Ross, very interesting site.

Default Wires

You should be OK unless you wire your frames.

I don' tthink the bees have a problem with Cell towers. Last year I found a set of photos for a Hive removal where the bees built a hive inside the cell tower.

every time they tried to make a call, all they herd was, Buzzz, Buzzz, Buzzz.

Some of my hives are in an apiary that is literally within the guy wires of a cell phone tower and they are fine.
    Troy

At the foot of the tower you should be receiving the least amount of radiation, possibly no cell service either. Not from that tower anyway. If you want some scary data call these people up: EMR Network
    Is their data reliable? I don't know. When I looked into it I found almost 100% of the studies in this country were done by the industry. Then the government legislates based on this data. I think the people at the EMR play on the fear of the unknown quite a bit but they had a lot of international data done by independent researchers.

Default Cell Tower

I grew up next to one and I turned out just fine.
    "burr comb happens..."

If you gave them all Blueberries, would they make better honey?
    De Colores,
    Ken