Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Bee hives

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Brent Bean 
#1 ·
Who is a good supplier of hives. I need two full hives and frames for such unassembled .

#6 ·
Supplies

I get the majority of my stuff from Mann Lake. There is a local dealer, but he gets it from them and inflates the price to cover shipping and "expenses" and the trip from me to him cost about the same as ups on most shipments.

#11 ·
The first ones I got were from the Amish. Really great quality but I wanted to try something just as good but not as expensive. I can make my own and that will work.
Most guys that are getting the package bees this year are coming from Wisconson. I'm getting mine from a guy in Oregon. In the Willimat region.
Others get some from the California Almond growers.
Bad year up here last year. Most bees died from the lack of sunshine. Coldest summer on record and the second rainiest. Nectur flow was 3 weeks late. That's farmin. Maybe this year will be better.

#12 ·
Bee Hives

Hi Cessna 180, I would not be surprised if you had a hobby woodworker there in Anchorage who would love to make those things for you. It might be a bit more expensive, but then the shipping would make up for it. Maybe a small ad in the local paper might bring results. Just a thought, Take care and have fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.