Default Identifying Winter Bee Losses

Weather in the 60's today. I went to see how many bees were flying out. In 5 hives there was no action, so I checked inside. They were ALL dead! What surprised me was that all 5 hives had full Medium supers of Honey on them. So I checked the supers and in 3 of them a mouse or mice had eaten holes thru 2 frames in each super . My question is? Would a mouse cause the bees not to move up in the hive and take the honey. I have had 15 to 20 hives the past 8 years and have never seen this before. Any Ideas would be helpful. I do use entrance reducers and hives are in good condition.

KGreen

my queens have started laying. perhaps they got stuck protecting brood and starved rather than leave them. good luck,mike
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

kgreen ask:
    My question is? Would a mouse cause the bees not to move up in the hive and take the honey.

tecumseh:
    imho no.

at your location and most especially given the winter you have experienced this year a reduced hive entrance would have been a big plus. Especially with stores on top I would have dissected the hive fairly throughly looking for cause(s). At this point mike haney's explanation for the demise of these hives is the most likely (and simplist) explanation.