Default Pollination increasing Veg production

Does anyone have stats on pollination increasing vegetable production.

I'm trying to convince a local community garden in allowing me to place a couple of hives.

You will find what you need here.

http://www.beeculture.com/content/po...book/index.cfm
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Default Too Technical

The information is great but it's overly technical.

I really need more of a rounded percentage which I know is difficult to determine.

More of a KISS statement or document that provides that.

I'd be interested in hearing statistics also but I think they would be based on studies on commercial-scale mono-crops rather than small gardens which introduce so many other factors, making increases hard to document.

Here's an interesting overview of honey bees value in the garden.

I'd also be interested in hearing about the logistics of introducing hives into your community garden. I'm putting two hives in my 4,000 sf garden this year. The hives will be on the north side, about 60 ' from the road. Since I am the only one that tends this garden, I am the only one whose safety I have to be concerned about. I've tended bees in the past and know to work slowly and non-threateningly around bees but the tenders of community garden plots, especially the children whose love of gardening we are trying to encourage, may not be so careful, nor should it be expected of them. Since most gardeners are aware of the value of honey bees in the garden, I'm sure the resistance you will meet will be a concern for safety. Will the bees be located some distance from the garden or within its confines? Since honey bees forage over such a large area, would one hive in a small garden be as effective as two?

Wayne