Default Baiting my Swarm Traps....

I spent a lot of yesterday placing swarm traps all around. I have empty comb from a hive that was robbed, so one frame goes in each of them. My query revolves around whether or not to dribble some honey on them to make the hive more desireable. I know it will draw foragers as well as scouts, but I do not know if the foragers will cause the scouts to move on.
    Thanks
    Rick~LtlWilli

one of the best swarm baits I have used or seen is lemmon grass oil, I do not use honey because of all the pest, just use anything you can squirt a few cc's in the swarm traps.

Rick, Did you put empty frames in the traps as well as the one drawn frame? Honey won't attract scouts as well as swarm lure. You can buy vials of lure from bee supply places or use lemongrass oil like Big John suggested. The lemongrass oil is cheaper and works as well. You can get it at natural food stores but the best place I have found is online with folks that sell essential oils and the like.

Great!..It just so happens that I have a vial of lemongrass oil here now. Thank you guys for the kindly instuction. Yup...that rates two tips of my hat this time. (LOL)

Honey will attracts ants, which will discourage swarms.

You're right. I have plenty of ants as it is. I do believe that when any of you guys kill ants off of your place, they pop up here in ant heaven for eternity. LOL