Default Buying Sugar in Bulk

Is it possible or would anyone know where in or close to Washington State I could buy sugar in bulk in maybe 1000 to 2000 pound totes? Or bulk liquid? Thank you for any help.

I don't how many hives you are feeding but I find what works for me is getting my sugar from Costco. You could probably buy it from them by the pallet load if you wanted. I think that is about 2000lbs. And it's about as cheap as it gets. It works very well for me because there is a store within 2 miles of my house. That way I have no storage issues and I can conveniently pickup whatever I need when I need it.

I only have around 100 hives. I have found Walmart is cheaper than Costco for sugar. I was just thinking if it could be bought bulk maybe it would be cheaper as it seems sugar is more expensive than last year.

are you opposed to using HFCS?
    some folks say they buy it from soft drink bottlers in 55 gallon barrels

Dave

I found here, Sams Club has 50 # bags of C&H for about $21.00

I know of one beek that is getting a pretty good discount buying it from a food distributor. I'm thinking about a 30% discount off retail but he buys it in 1000 lb lots I believe. I'm talking about granulated cane sugar.

It's a hard thing to find a good (below retail) price on. Be ready to do a lot of shopping and calling around in your area, but it can be found in some places.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    I found here, Sams Club has 50 # bags of C&H for about $21.00
    I pay around $12 for 25lb at Costco so it is pretty close to the same price. I would have to make a 50 mile round trip to Sam's Club where as Costco is only two miles away. And the 25lb bags are easier on my back

I don't know if you have them there, but you could try Sysco, US Foods or Shamrock Foods??

Just be aware that most of "Sams" sugar is beet sugar and what I have seen sold at Cosco is cane sugar.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

alpha6 writes:
    Just be aware that most of "Sams" sugar is beet sugar and what I have seen sold at Cosco is cane sugar.

tecumseh:
    does the source (of the sugar) make a difference?

I acquire sugar at sam's and the source is (the bags says) cane sugar. I was told (once when sam's was out of product) that there sugar came out of a warehouse in New Orleans. I would suspect what Sam's might have on the shelf is highly dependent on where you might be located and the relative distance to either beet or cane sugar sources.

I pay a bit under a $20 bill for 50 pounds here.

The sugar at the Sams here says cane sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6 View Post
    Why dose it make a deferents?

Exclamation bulk syrup

mann lake has a tanker of suger syrup over at olsons in yakima. you need to call ahead .to set it up .i"ll be going to get some tomorow or monday.or if you want 50# bags of suger uou can go to .cash n carry its about 20$ ea