Default Rookie!!! Looking for a little help!

Okay looking to get into the BEEEE's.. First off just wanted to say Hey and thanks for all the info on this web site. I've learned a lot in two day's..

Okay I'm thinking about getting started. Last year I found a hive in a log in my woods. I was wondering what I would need to do to kind of transfer (if possible) to a hive? One reason I want to do this is because I'm going to have the woods logged in a year or so and don't want to lose them. Any and all idea's are welcome. Also wanting to know the best book to read on how to get started and what to expect.

My location is in Indiana just for refrence.

Thanks
    BB

bb,
    There was a thread on this very topic (transferring log bees to a hive-with video) on the website just this week. You should also think about googeling Indiana State Beekepers Association and or the Indiana Beekeepers Association (two seperate organizations) I know that one of them has contact info on someone from Sullivan and I think someone else from Freedom, who just posted something on this site a few days ago about honey. Hope that helps some.
    John

You are here......... great resource for you.

Also visit Michael Bush's excellent web site he's
    put together. A wealth if info with pics and details.

Bush Farms

I have a bee log as well....hoping to transfer in may....maybe earlier. One fellow says to cut the log apart and transfer to normal frames using that comb..

another thing I have read is to place super with frames on top of log and allow them to move up naturally...

dunno which I will do....cuz I a noobie too

No_Bivy!!
    Yes, your Bee Log posting was great!!! I really enjoyed it!!!!
    And yes, Sundance, all Michael Bush's stuff is a great resourse. I completely agree.

I cant find that video your talkin' bout

No_Bivy, didn't you post the video?
    It's post #15 Page 2 under the forum tiltle of Bee Log in the Beekeeping 101 forum, and another as post #29 Page 3, and another as #61 Page 7.