Default Argentina crops ,

Some farmers commenting on the soybean crop, hot weather, rain in Argentina, how its affecting the soybean futures , etc.The poor crop or projected poor crop is having little influence on the futures in NorthAmerica, maybe this wil be the same with honey, I doubt it

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thr...839&mid=593515
    Last edited by irwin harlton; 02-03-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: info

The weather concern is hold ing support on the oilseed markets at the present, one of the few factors that have been in our favour in the last few months. With the funds pulling completely out of commodity markets , I guess to keep themselves liquid, had put a huge downside on our market place. But now with them out, the traders who remain, are actually trading with more purpose than just to handle paper, and it seems, that the market is acting in a more supply and demand fassion.

Argentian is the big talk, big wide spread drought, but the pannic is being off set with late rains, not much, and too late. Also Brazil is in a wash of production this year, adding some resistance. Our Dollar as of late has been trading in a resonable manner, helping our market place. Also big talk about increasing consumption world wide, not enough food stores again. But that pannic buying we saw last winter will not happen, basically becasue the money will not be push in by the fund traders.
    Stats Canada pulled a blunder, recording big stocks here in Canada of oilseeds. Where they got that number, I dont know, and why they were soo far off with thier production numbers, who know. All I know is they cost me 50 cents, manipulation the market as it seems,

Its funny, China has been absent from trade, thinking is they are waiting for Argentinas crop harvest, to actually see whats there I guess.
    Kind of like whats the packers are doing with honey right now.

So we sit on the fence, which side will the market fall? So very soon we will find out,
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Default nasa pic's of Argentina drought

Default so what's their honey crop off by?

According to FAS analyst Denise McWilliams, 2009 crop production was 30-60 percent of what it was in 2008, depending on the crop. Drought stress made the corn crop susceptible to insect pests, and in some fields, farmers simply baled the stunted corn crop for use as livestock forage. Likewise, extreme heat and drought struck the season’s first soybean crop during its flowering and seed pod development phase. Meanwhile, the drought and heat caused wide differences in the height and maturity level of cotton crops, even within the same field, which was expected to complicate the harvest.

US imports of Argentine honey were way down last year........... so this would maybe only add to the world shortage and not affect the US imports? ... any comments

I'd like to thank you guys who follow this stuff for posting your findings here, with the sources.

It is a great service to us all, and World Crop Conditions and Forecasts probably be a permanent thread, with moderation to keep it on topic if there isn't one somewhere here already.

funny thing right now, there has been spotty rains through the drought affected areas of Argentina, and that news depressed the commodity prices.
    From what I know of growing crops, and how they react to adverse conditions, with the arrival of late spotty rain pretty much only keeps the dust down in the fields. There will be very little if any crop yield gain.

But thats not what the traders think,?
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com