Thumbs Up Wisconsin Soda Pop!!

If any of you that were at the GBA spring meeting yesterday and didn't win one of the door prizes of Sprechers Soda that Chris Werner brought along , I wouldn't wanna be you!!

Holy Smokes!! That's some good stuff!! We got the 4 pack, Root Beer, Cream Soda, Orange Dream and Ravin Red. I would love to try the Ginger Ale!!

Ive already found the website and they do ship. I'll be having some more before long now! The site's here if anyone is interested;

http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/soda.php

They are at least partially sweetened with Chris's Wisconsin honey. Maybe the Wisconsin folks know more about this Brewery? I just know next time I get up that way, there will be a truck load coming back with me.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    If any of you that were at the GBA spring meeting yesterday and didn't win one of the door prizes of Sprechers Soda that Chris Werner brought along , I wouldn't wanna be you!!

Holy Smokes!! That's some good stuff!! We got the 4 pack, Root Beer, Cream Soda, Orange Dream and Ravin Red. I would love to try the Ginger Ale!!

Ive already found the website and they do ship. I'll be having some more before long now! The site's here if anyone is interested;

http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/soda.php

They are at least partially sweetened with Chris's Wisconsin honey. Maybe the Wisconsin folks know more about this Brewery? I just know next time I get up that way, there will be a truck load coming back with me.

Shoot. The secret's out. Now the demand will go up, along with the price.

Sprecher's has a great root beer, no doubt about it. Just like a root beer should taste. With body.

But if you really want good fruity flavored stuff, try Gray's soda's out of Janesville. Their strawberry is super, and their orange is fantastic. My opinion.

MM

It starts with the use of sugar, and not using a drop of HFCS. Big difference.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It starts with the use of sugar, and not using a drop of HFCS. Big difference.
    Now if they'd just start using honey instead.
    Whatever you believe you can or cannot do, you're right. - RusticElementBees.com

In WI it's just called "soda", fyi. Or you can drink water from the bubbler

Second ingredient in Sprecher's (and I love the stuff, so don't take this wrong) is. . . high fructose corn syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieck View Post
    high fructose corn syrup.
    What?! Say it isn't so.
    Regards, Barry

Sorry, I had a bottle of their root beer yesterday. Like I said, I love the stuff. "Wisconsin raw honey" is lower on the list of ingredients than high fructose corn syrup.

Strange to me, too, because I generally prefer the root beers that use cane sugar rather than HFCS. But Sprecher's is one of the top, in my opinion.

Now I know who stole my winning ticket.

I too thought honey would be the primary sweetener. I thought I heard Chris say that Sprechers consumes a tote (3000 pounds) of honey per week.

I'm a fan of Jones Soda. They use a only pure cane
    sugar
    with no HFCS. What a great tasting line of
    soda. Love the Green Apple! And I've seen it in a
    bunch of big box stores.

As to ginger ale, only Vernor's is on my list. Enough
    real ginger in it that you can feel the heat. Wood
    barrel aged......... mmmmmmm Hard to find though.

It's all the same stuff, soda, soda pop, drink, COKE (the real name)

Ya snooze ya loose Steve LOL I always watch for the snoozers, easy pickins!

I never win anything, my son won! He won a nuc last time around. I gave my ticket away for the hive this weekend, I'm sure it won since I wasn't there!!!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Default HFCS is not poison

Sprechers is great stuff, one of my favorite sodas, and knowing that they use actual honey adds more than just the improvement in flavor.

High Fructose Corn Syrup is sugar. Almost the same ratio of fructose to glucose as table sugar (55/45 versus 50/50), and is even more similar to honey in terms of sugar ratios.

Marion Nestle (from Super Size Me) weighed in on it, and suggested that people who treat it like a special poison and not just sugar should stop.

There is one side benefit of a root beer made with HFCS rather than the traditional Barley Malt - it makes it Gluten-Free. Now my dad, who is gluten intolerant, can drink good root beer again.

Quote Originally Posted by HarovonMogel View Post
    High Fructose Corn Syrup is sugar. Almost the same ratio of fructose to glucose as table sugar (55/45 versus 50/50), and is even more similar to honey in terms of sugar ratios.
    But in the taste test, the two are very different.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    But in the taste test, the two are very different.
    That is for sure........... Every time I drink Jones soda
    I am amazed. Cleaner tasting...... (whatever that is)