Thread: tapers

Default tapers

are these always sold in sets of two? if yes, why?

What do you sell your tapers for?
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Default Re: tapers

Two candles could be made by making the wick long enough to allow the candle maker to dip both ends of the wick into the wax. The area that was used to hold the center of the wick then became the hanger for the two candles. At least that is what I did a few times as a kid at the pioneer craft days that my family attended back home.

dipped tapers are often sold in pairs conmnected together. Some people just like to hang them up on a peg. I make my rolled taper candles in pairs for that reason. I guess you could do tapers poured in a mold the same but they would have to be connected at the botom because it's the only way you can get them out of the mold. You could pair off tapers made in silicone molds and have the tops connected. I'm getting $7.50/pr for rolled tapers, $4.50 each for 10" poured tapers

We sell 6" for $2, 8" for $2.50, 10" for $3, and 12" for $3.50. These are poured and sold as singles and unpackaged. Dipped pairs are higher.

Candlaman

I use the molds myself and sell 10" pairs for $9 and smaller taper pairs for $5

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Isaac View Post
    are these always sold in sets of two? if yes, why?
    I think it's because so many candlesticks are sold as pairs. People like to (or at least used to like to) put pairs of candlesticks on the mantle, on the dining table, on nightstands at either side of a bed, etc...
    The little bee returns with evening's gloom,
    To join her comrades in the braided hive... -Tennyson

We sell 10" molded tapers (not connected) for $6 a pair in the Betterbee gift box -- price may go up a buck next year..

http://www.betterbee.com/products.asp?dept=905

Once in a blue moon we'll get a request for an odd number but it's extremely rare.

We sell 10" molded tapers...

I understood that one way to make candles was to put them in a mould and another to dip. What is a molded taper? I would love to learn to make dipped tapers on a small scale. Anybody know what equipment is required? U searched through the old posts but have not found any information.

What is a rolled taper?
    When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. John Muir

A molded taper is just wax poured in a mold.

Rolled candles are made by rolling foundation around a wick.