Default misuse of the word honey

Honey is a pure natural food,been around for ages, some companies include it as one of their ingredientes.
    The concept of honey in peoples mind must enable some companies to sell a lot more of their products, some of which do contain any honey at all. I call this taking the name honey in vain
    Jim Fisher has a web site ,listing companies who are cashing in on the word honey.
    These companies should be paying a royality or fee for use of the word honey

http://www.bee-quick.com/wall/shame2.html

I think Jim's point was that these companies should be using honey as the main sweeter for their products. There would be no need for a royalty. Unfortunately some use minimal amounts of honey if any.

Jean-Marc

It looks to me that many products are in violation to the FDA's Guidance for Front of Package Symbols. Write the FDA fraud section. And the National Honey Board...I am sure those guys will be looking out for your interest.

"Front-of-package symbols that are viewed as explicit or implied nutrient content claims are subject to the requirements of 21 CFR 101.13 and Subpart D of Part 101. For example, a front-of-package symbol that states or implies that a food is a good source of calcium would need to meet the minimum nutrient content level for calcium in the RACC of the food in question (21 CFR 101.54 (c), 101.65 (c) and (d))."

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/flsymgui.html
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

I think Florida has laws governing what you can call honey, but most of the country doesn't
    Dan

>The concept of honey in peoples mind must enable some companies to sell a lot more of their products

I feel the consumer is getting mislead,
    but, if the consumer really cared, they would revolt with their mighty dollar.
    But I also think many consumers dont even realize the difference,
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

I think most consumers read the word honey, & thats that. It must be 100%.
    Assuming that there are laws protecting them from fraud.
    Dan