Default How many supers?

We're ordering our equiptment for our first year and we just need to know how many shallow supers we should have on hand per hive.

Min 3. But it really depends on your area and how much flow you get. If you live in the middle of a pine forest...one will do you.

Just remember that it is better to have extra on hand then to miss a crop because you didn't spend 7 bucks ahead of time.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Ahh- Northern Wyoming Big Horn Basin- Semi arid desert but with agriculture below the canals along the river basins.

Location, location, location.... You can always extract and put them back on.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha6 View Post
    Min 3. But it really depends on your area and how much flow you get. If you live in the middle of a pine forest...one will do you.
    I live in the middle of a pine forest but I need at least 3, 5 is better. (Course one big difference in my pine forest and yours is the heavy infestation of Chinese tallow trees )
    "The UNKNOWN, huh? That would be SNORBERT ZANGOX over in Waycross."

Get what you think you need, then add one more to the order. Better to have extra and not need it than not have one when you do.
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.