Is it possible that different colonies/bees have a different venom chemistry? Today I got stung on the hand while I was putting some more sugar in some of my hives. I scraped the stinger out pretty quickly but my hand swelled up pretty good. I thought I was getting somewhat tolerant to stings until today. I've noticed that stings from some of my hives result in more swelling than when I'm stung by bees from other hives. I realize that there are a lot of variables that might affect the sting reaction but I wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this? Could be amount of venom injected, time stinger is left in, time since last sting etc, but I just wondered if anyone knows anything about possible variability in venom among hives or types of bees?