Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New drop down menu for chat

We now have a new drop down menu on the forum tool bar at the top of each page. For the moment the links to the chat room are not working and we hope to have the problem corrected by tomorrow. You can see who is chatting now if you like, that is working fine. But until we have the link problem resolved, use the link below and you should be able to get there without any problems.

Thanks for your patience!

Update: 1/20/2009 5:56PM

The drop down menu links are now working. There are two options to choose from when you connect. You can connect to the chat room directly or you can connect with the (float) option. If you connect direct, your page will go to the chat room. Once there the chat window will automatically undock from the browser. You will see the forums on the browser, however if you attempt to navigate through the forums, you will move away from the chat room connection and you will be disconnected.

The second option is the (float) option. If you connect in a floating window, then you will still have all the functionality available in the chat room but you will also have the original browser open to the forums and be able to navigate freely as well as be active in the chat window. A better option IMO.

A word of caution, I tested the new links with Firefox, IE, Chrome and Opera. I had to clear the browser cache on all of the browsers except Firefox before they would connect. Otherwise I got the error message "cannot connect from this location"

I think we are good to go now. I didn't notice any bugs while I was testing. Let us know if you are having problems and we'll try to lend a hand to get you in.

Another plus! With our new security implementation, you are no longer required to enter your user name and passwords to get into the chat room from the forums.
    Last edited by Bizzybee; 01-20-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

great idea there bizz keep up the good work on the improvements to chat wont be long there will be a full house everynight

Thanks rat, but the credit ain't all mine to be had. I'm just one of the wheels on the train.

Good to see all the faces in chat. We need some fresh fodder to kick around in there.

I know we tried to beat the horse to death some time ago about this, but it would still be nice to get a few of our senior beeks here to get inspired to come in from time to time and have some discussions on specific topics. No doubt our nu-bees would like to sit in on some of that. Be nice to jump in on some spring prep about now! Michael Bush, Joseph Clemens, Beemandan.........................

Some of you folks might be on the lookout for some PM's on the way in the near future. Don't make us resort to unbecoming means of persuasion!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Have Fun!!!!

Default Hey Santa

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzybee View Post
    Have Fun!!!!
    You should say. Have Fun!!!! I will know if you have been naughty or nice..
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

I like the chat room drop because it shows how many and who is in there. Good job!
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

I still got the message:
    cannot connect from this location.

Can you post the old link that i used to use to get into chat since it is not there anymore?

Thanks

The link is: ?????????? but unless you clear your browser cache (browsing history and temp files) and restart the browser, you're likely to see the same message again.

I removed the link because it is the same link that the drop down menu uses and I don't want people thinking that the link posted works and the toolbar link doesn't. If you can't get in from the toolbar, there is something else wrong.

And I don't want to maintain a thread with a link in it, when it's not necessary.
    Last edited by Bizzybee; 01-21-2009 at 06:38 AM.

yup that link got me in fine i just had to relogin from the link.

Thanks biz

I use to be able to enter chat through the other link, this new one doenst allow me,
    must be missing some computer hardware?
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Been a few having problems. You have to clear your browser history and possibly temp files along with cookies.

But it does work.

Default auggg

okay i deleted all browsing history, temp files and cookies...can not enter...

Which browser are you folks using? I am in there now with Firefox, but I have gotten in with all of them.

Ie 7.

I'm outta here for the nite all. I hate that some of you are having problems. I'm not sure what else to offer at this point, and my brain is dying fast on me now!

I did just try the other browsers again and got in without a problem. Leave me some more information, like browsers you are using and I'll try to help you out tomorrow. The browsers use to clear everyday, I'm not sure that is still the case or not? You may come back tomorrow and they just work. But I'll be back tomorrow I'm sure. I'll do what I can to help!

Try it again when you get back Honeyshack. I just tested all my browsers from my work machine and got in without any problems this morning. IE7 being one of them. At the time when I tried them yesterday I was still working on the settings for chat and they didn't work from here as well. All is good today though. And I didn't have to clear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyshack View Post
    okay i deleted all browsing history, temp files and cookies...can not enter...
    Bizzy won't be sleeping good tonight (last night now)!
    Regards, Barry

Arggggg may be this night too!!

Yea, nothing is working for me this morning. Might be a good time to do the forum upgrade!
    Regards, Barry

Whewwwwwww, Think we may have it all straighten out folks. Try the toolbar for chat now. Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks Barry!! You da man!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast