Default My Bee Mentor Died

Ray passed away Dec. 26. I was first exposed to beekeeping by this man in my teens. Ray had a major impact on my life and I will forever be grateful.

http://www.mtlakenews.com/MTLAKENEWS...P=40154#492630
    Regards, Barry

Barry,
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss and the loss to his family and to the beekeeping world. I have never had the priviledge of meeting this man but from reading his obituary, those will be some big shoes to fill.
    Marc
    life is like a box of chocolates,you never know what you are gonna get

I'm sorry Barry. How fortunate you are to have had a good mentor, for beekeeping and for how to live a good life.

My heart goes out to you Barry. Looks like you're fortunate to have known him. What a privilege that must have been.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I sad for your loss Barry! But on the bright side, it appears that Ray was blessed with a rich, full life that many will never see or experience. I'm sure he's in a better place now and right where he's always wanted to be!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

"...for death is not an ending, but a begining...."
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Default mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ray passed away Dec. 26. I was first exposed to beekeeping by this man in my teens. Ray had a major impact on my life and I will forever be grateful.

http://www.mtlakenews.com/MTLAKENEWS...P=40154#492630
    Sorry for your loss,I lost one two 2yrs. ago,he was 90yrs old. With honey mentioned so many times in the Bible, I think they are now busy doing what they love.Making honey for all the angels. Jack

I know the pain you are feeling. I lost my life long friend and beek partner the same day. Let's hope they have gone to a better place.

Default So sorry for your lost

So sorry to hear this Barry my mentor is still alive and in his 80's and he still fuss at me from time to time which i enjoy and he suports me i too have lost some of the guy's that took me under thier wing and they have gone on but remember all he showed you and you will be ok. God Bless you and his family and may his wisdom always be your guide.

Thomas

Barry,
    I am sorry to hear of your loss.

They're not gone, just gone ahead.

Dave V.

Sorry to hear, Barry. From the obituary it seems like lived a long, good life. That probably is no comfort now, but in time it is what you'll remember. That and the little quirks we all have. My father in law died a few years back and these days what I remember isn't the old man so frail and demented. I remember him playing the banjo and working in his machine shop and chasing a chicken all over the yard until he was exhausted. In time you'll remember the good things too.
    http://www.voiceofthehive.com - Tales of Beekeeping and Honeybees

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. His art of beekeeping lives on through you.

In a way I have and will experience this too. When i was 13 I started working for a reputable and knowledgable beekeeping husband and wife team. I worked with them for 9 years and it was with them that i learnt most, if not all, of my beekeeping basics and tricks of the trade. Agnus passed away in 2001, and Jack, now in a old folks home, is soon to follow. They had treated my as a grandson and they were like grandparents to me. I will miss them, but I also know that their legacy lives on through me.
    Will Gruenwald Chilliwack BC

Barry, you'll be in our prayers for comfort and peace during this difficult time. As was mentioned, it seems Ray lived a very full life and based on the overview of his journey it's hard to even begin estimating the number of people he must have had an impact on, you included. He's not really gone, he'll live on through you and everyone he touched while he walked on this earth.
    To everything there is a season....

Barry,
    I believe that your bee mentor lives on in you in a sense...and I hope you have the opportunity to share much of what you learned from him with others! Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and all his family and many friends.
    "My child, eat honey, for it is good." (Proverbs 24:13)

[quote=Fred Bee;385247]Barry,
    I believe that your bee mentor lives on in you in a sense...and I hope you have the opportunity to share much of what you learned from him with others!

Barry,
    My 'bee mentor' was my Dad, who gave his family a 'life',.. out in the country that included colonies of honey bees. I was born in 1943 also, like your mentor. My sympathy is with you at this time.