Default we need to help barry with this one

Barry was moonlighting working the desk at a local hotel when Bullseye Bill, Derek, and Bizz showed up to check in. The hotel was hosting a bee association meeting the following day. They pay a total of $30.00 for the room (I know I know its cheap but its a seedy hotel and these guys are cheap and barry needed the cash) after paying the guys head on to their room.

The manager of the hotel shows up and discovers Barry had overcharged them for the room the bill should have only totaled $25.00 The manager gives Barry 5 $1.00 Bills to take upstairs and return to his buddies.

On Barry's way up to the room, he realizes that $5.00 would be hard to split between 3 people, so he decides to give each of the guys $1.00 back and pockets the other $2.00 knowing they wouldnt know the difference anyhow.
    Now, instead of paying $10 each for the room they have paid $9.00 each, (heres where it gets tough) Barry on his way back down got to thinking about the math and this is what he discovered. 3 guys had paid $9.00 each for the room which equaled $27.00 plus the $2.00 he had pocketed came up to only $29.00. Barry is now confussed and cant figure out where the other dollar went? CAn anyone help ole Barry out.
    Last edited by riverrat; 01-18-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
    The manager of the hotel shows up and discovers Barry had overcharged them for the room the bill should have only totaled $25.00

.... 3 guys had paid $9.00 each for the room which equaled $27.00 ....

Here is the problem. The cost was $25 for 3, not $27....

It must be that Redneck math.
    Bullseye Bill in The Scenic Flint Hills , KS
    www.myspace.com/dukewilliam

A classic credit/debit confusion problem!

I stumped a bank officer I was dating and her VP boss with that one with the same quiz, except the $2 went as a tip to the bellman who secured the partial refund for the guests.

I ended up marrying her, and we're on our twelfth year of marriage.
    Kevin
    Milton Township, Michigan (near South Bend, Indiana)