Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mcp??

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    Well Jack,Sacramento isn't that sharp either.

Long time ago I drove my truck to the chp is sac, parked it in there chp parking lot, locked the door went inside and reported it stolen.

It took them two weeks to figure out the stolen truck was in there parking lot.

Man those were the good times. lol
    Did you get sighted for a false report? Or are you pulling our leg too?
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

sqkcrk, well of course there are not just targeting beeks (not enough $$ in that), however they are "in season" right now. The guys I know have been doing almonds for 20-30 years and have never even had a ticket for anything and there equipment is top notch, their loads tight and right the way they usually run, and no accidents. However this year there seems to be lots of extra scrutiny.

The news reports I have heard lately is that Ca may have to issue IOUs for tax returns and for payroll for state employees. This could mean every permit fee and ticky tacky citation they can come up with will be necessary to keep funding flowing to the state.

Loggermike I hope we get to hear the bottom line on your situation before it is time to trek down ourselves. I am wondering if I need the same permit?

Be careful out there.
    Last edited by JBJ; 01-20-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBJ View Post
    The news reports I have heard lately is that Ca may have to issue IOUs for tax returns and for payroll for state employees. This could mean every permit fee and ticky tacky citation they can come up with will be necessary to keep funding flowing to the state.
    Wow, things are really bad out there in CA. I hope you get in and out unscathed.
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

John, Its my understanding that if you are legal to run commercial in your own state ,you should be ok here.Anyone correct me if thats wrong.
    Putting bees on semis for the long haul looks better all the time, but you still need these small trucks for the final moves into the yards and orchards.

Well my one ton dodge flatbed says passenger vehicle on the reg and ins and we will be following a big rig down with the lift, despite this, we almost got a ticket in Ca last year for passing a scale and was told we have to stop at every one. In Oregon we never have to stop at scales. I am hoping for a trouble free pollination. Will I need to purchase a ticket to the dance to get the lift and feed tanks down there?
    John B Jacob www.oldsolbees.com

I was just talking with a friend who is a fairly large operator here. His opinion was to just do what you have been doing.Be safe, and secure everything, and if any problems develop just tell them you are a small family farm operation and don't know all the laws that are in effect here.
    Its the truth -you don't-no one does!
    Was also told not to make a mountain out of a molehill,that this stuff wasn't as bad as it might seem.
    Sounds like good advice to me.
    Last edited by loggermike; 01-20-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: added to

Lets see.Jack,Keith and HRS will be buying steak dinner for Jim. You can email him to make arrangements
    I talked to the supervisor at CHP commercial. Then got a call from the officer at the scale who wrote the ticket, with a promise to dismiss it.He was very helpful and admitted that the law has some vague interpretations,but in Ca., if the manufacturers sticker says 10,000 or less it is not subject to the ID# and MCP permit.But only if you are not hauling someone elses property for compensation.
    Get a truck with a sticker over 10,000 and Ca trucks are subject to it.
    Now, you can go to the DMV and get a higher declared weight(as Ishi did) and still not be subject to the MCP.This will cover overload tickets, as long as the truck is within safety limits.My truck was 1300 lbs over and the chp gave us a break by not writing that up.
    I asked about small out of state bee trucks.The CHP does not enforce registration issues for out of state at the scales , just weight and safety issues.He said anyone with questions should feel free to call the Cottonwood scales and just ask.

Smile

All right, thanks Mike.
    Jack has already called to make arrangements to pay his gambling debts. As for Keith and HRS, I'll make it easy on you guys. Since HRS wanted to car pool and leave the tip, you two can meet Jack and I at Franks in Moke Hill (you guys say when but not Wednesday, they're closed) and since I can only eat one chicken fried steak, one of you can buy mine and the other can buy Jacks since he's looking a little puny lately, and I'm going to make him drive.
    Salivatingly Yours,
    Jim

ah Gee, somethings never change, got to pick up Jimmy tab again. lol
    Ok, you guys name the day.

Question Who's on first. What's on second....

I wonder if the almond board or someone would consider producing a publication outlining rules and requirements for truck operation in California?
    It is REALLY OBVIOUS that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in regards to permits, licencing, rules, ect between departments in CA.
    For example:
    The first year that I went to almonds, a friend of mine told me that I needed a "trip permit" and a "Deisel permit" prior to entering CA.
    So, I got on the phone and called CA DMV, Cal Dot, the state police; they all said that they had no idea what I'm talking about.
    They said that as long as I was hauling my own cargo, no permits are necissary.
    That same year, a few Oregon beekeepers were fined for no trip permit.

Last year a friend of mine was returning to Oregon in his truck and was waved off to a closed weigh station and "THEY" inspected everything with a fine tooth comb.
    My friend was treated nicely and politely and told what they need to run their rigs in CA.
    They were not fined.
    They need their name and city on the door, DOT number, and some 3 or 5 year permit for $35.00 that no one has heard of, along with other requirements.
    Once again, when my friend called around for the permits, no one had a clue.

I would like to see all of this in a pamphlet, with supportive quotes from respective agencies.
    There is no excuse for all of the mystery. We want to do whatever we are supposed to to be legal! Who will take up this project?
    I have exactly ONE hive more than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond question.

Bring it on,everyone still has to love big brother and all the gray laws.

Reminder Mcp

Yeah and don't forget to buy a roll of DOT reflector tape to decorate your trucks with too!

Paid up

Jack, Keith and I finally found time to have breakfast. High Rate of Speed didn't show up. He was probably busy moving bees.
    Like the gentleman he is, Keith paid, and since HRS wasn't there Jack left the tip. Breakfast is always good at Moke Hill and since I won the bet it was even better. Thanks again guys.
    Jim

Hey jim.sorry i missed the party,been busy moving,We still have another week or so to go.Hope you will take a rain check or an IOU.[like the state of CA].LOL.DWe will definately have to go when I come back out to ca.

Big Grin the guy loves to eat, but not ice cream

[QUOTE=Flyer Jim;392929]
    Like the gentleman he is,/QUOTE]

One thing about Jimmy, when he's hungrey, you can give him all the greif you can though at him and he's just smiles and just keeps on eating.

Quote Originally Posted by high rate of speed View Post
    when I come back out to ca.
    This is about as good when you write the check, "when I get back out".

Default IOUs?

Hey HRS
    No problem. Good reason for another breakfast meeting. As far as the IOU, I know you have to be in better shape than the State, no worries.
    Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123