Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Default The cup candles 100% beeswas?

    Hi my first year as a beekeeper, been exciting.
    Today I made my first candle from the beeswas.
    It burned with a smaller flame then those non beeswas you buy in stores, but after 5hours it died.
    There were still lots of wax left, so I lighted again and it burned perfect, like one from stores, for 30 sec, then the flame got really small and it died again.

    So now I wonder schould i mix something into the wax?

    How do you make your beeswax candles?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Williston, FL, USA
    Posts
    39

    Default

    It sounds like maybe your wick isn't large enough.

  3. #3

    Default

    I also don't think your wick was big enough. My beeswax candles have a very high flame. What kind of candle did you make (i.e. pillar, votive, container)?

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks for the advice.
    I will try with larger whicks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads