Thread: recommendation

Hybrid View

Default recommendation

Hello

Im currently running around 50-60 hives. We are planning on making increases this year and not honey. Hopelfully 100 or so. I'm looking for a flat bed for a 99 toyota tacomma extended cab 4x4. Most of my yards are in swamp area's down beat out logging roads. Anyone use a truck this small, or have a flat bed on a small truck?

You can get a flatbed for just about any vehicle. With regards to your truck, I don't think it would be a problem hauling supers on it, but not sure if you could haul many hives with it especially if they are on pallets. I guess it would depend on how many trips you wanted to make and how many hives you run in your yards.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Most of the years are 10 hives. I use it now with the standardard bed. I prices some of the factory built beds.....wow..... metal in high. I thought about making it, just looking around for idea. I may buy and older full size and make it a flat bed.

We have a 1988 isuzu 2wd,flatbed.The most we can haul is a pallett of combs[60 supers] give or take.other wise for for working or treating it is a perfect grocery getter.

I have a 1989 Toyota long bed. I welded up a bed for it
    It is light and strong I us it for nuc and feeding & boxes of comb for every thing.I love it for the what I need to do 350 hives and I get 23 MPG toboot
    When I move bees I us a 5th wheel trailer

would like to post a pic but do not know how?
    eaglesbee

Default pic

Would like to see it. Email them the jesuslives31548@yahoo.com