S. W. \'Washington State, Columbia River Gorge

Default Bee keepers in Vancouver, WA ????

Moving from Stevenson to Vancouver this summer and want to take my two hives. I need to know rules and regs for beekeeping there. Unable to contact anyone from Clark County Beekeepers Assn and the Clark County/Vancouver website was unable to provide any help--difficult to navigate the site. Moving to Cascade Park area to a 1/4 acre lot. There is ample area for the hives but would have to be up against fences of the neighbors. I probably can deal with the neighbors but need to know the laws. Thanks

I'm in the Clark County Bee Keeeper Association, Been looking in the phone book, not sure what the laws would be under, General info for Vancouver is 360-696-8200. They might have a clue . There's a number for code inforcement ,not sure if you would want to stir that up . Several members have hives in and around Vancouver and I have heard of no problems. If your neighbors don't complain your good.

Might be better to just talk with the neighbors and do it, If theres a complaint you can move them. I'm about 8 miles out , you can put them here if you need to. Email me if the number dosn't fly. My wife put up the CCBk web page . If its the same one your talking about, its just a myspace account not a paid for web page. We are behind over here.
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

Default Re: Bee keepers in Vancouver, WA ????

So, are there any regulation on beekeeping in Vancouver, WA? Do I need to register the hive(s)?