Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Truck

Thumbs Up

JJgbee, your post # 38

VERY VERY WELL SAID.

I would rather spend money on bee equipment than a truck but I still bought a new one. My 97 ford f450 runs pretty good but has alot of other problems that I don't have time to tend to. Including a leaky tank, fuel leak by the injection pump, rear tank is off due to ford no longer making straps for it, Tranny is making a little noise too, and it ain't 4 wheel drive. So I bought a new 07 Dodge 3500HD. 9ft bed, two 36in tool boxes and hitch. Seems like alot more power than my ford and the six speed automatic is nice. Also came with an exhaust brake. It is still getting the bed put on and I should have it back in a day or two. On the down side It is a smaller bed but I have a quad cab so I can take the family with me now. I work full time in a cabinet shop and the rest of the time in the bee yard and being a dad. I can't have stuff breaking on me or costly repairs. I did look at some used ones, but for about 7k more I got a brand new one with warranty and no miles on it.

Matt
    Columbia City, Indiana

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...7/DSC00875.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...7/DSC00864.jpg

This is what I was looking at . A streched tractor with a flatbed installed on the back. This is one that Dave Mendes is trying to sell , I think he wants a little to much for it though.

Nice. How much is too much?
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Looks like a Hackenburg truck with all those lights. If you want to know how to rig a truck his are the best! Hooks for ropes in the right spots, high rise cab so you can stand up(take off bee suite), tool boxes and side boards mounted under bed so you always have them...handy when hauling barrells honey. Mendes truck is a ideal setup....i promise I wont buy it from under you and I'll be seeing him next weel anyway. How much is he asking and how many miles?

Quote Originally Posted by suttonbeeman View Post
    Looks like a Hackenburg truck with all those lights. If you want to know how to rig a truck his are the best! Hooks for ropes in the right spots, high rise cab so you can stand up(take off bee suite), tool boxes and side boards mounted under bed so you always have them...handy when hauling barrells honey. Mendes truck is a ideal setup....i promise I wont buy it from under you and I'll be seeing him next weel anyway. How much is he asking and how many miles?
    He was asking $30,000 last I talked to him. I was interested until I priced out having one built. Its a nice truck and Dave takes care of his equipment but Im going to keep looking.

TRevor where r u in Florida??

Im in Sebring Fl, about a half hour south of Frostproof.

Smile

I now winter 50 miles south of Jacksonville.....maple starts blooming dec 12...........good area in Dec and Jan, but not Feb/MaR. I was using some of Dave Tschida's yards and if I get back from almonds in time need somemore orange yards if you know of any. My bees were all close to Frostproof and on Avon Park cutoff. I stay in Avon park just north of you. If you know of any orange yards let me know..maybe we can meet sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by suttonbeeman View Post
    How much is he asking and how many miles?
    I'm not really in the market for a new truck. I'm just curious.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123