Default Cook & Beals Spinfloat

Can anyone give me the pros and cons of the C&B spinfloat. I am trying to decide whether I would rather have a wax spinner or a spinfloat in my new honey house.

Thanks,
    Dave

Default it's ok

Pros:
    Very very little honey in wax cappings. They come out very fine and dry. Very easy to handle into melter.

Cons:
    Sometimes leaves very fine air bubbles in the honey. They settle out, but takes time depending on temperature.

After 20 years it will need refurbed due to wear.

Power failure, drum of honey on floor,other than that a good all around machine

I agree with both post above.....had the drum on the floor happen! It will put small air bubbles in the honey....the thicker the more. They all never come out....will always be a little foggy looking. BUt its definately really clean!

Default Cook & Beals Spinfloat

you will need a heat exchanger to heat the honey before it goes thru the spinner, if you buy a Cook and Beals heat exchanger , you should use canola oil as the heat medium instead of water, water reacts with the aluminum and corrodes it.Some kind of electric current leakage causes this I am told