Hybrid View

Exclamation Mandarin/honey bee coexistence

Yesterday the Cal Dept of Food & Agri has a meeting of the seedless Mandarin/honeybee coexistence working group, to discuss the adoptin of regulations for Ca central citrus belt. The news was dismal. We need all beekeepers help on opposing AB771. This is not only a Calif. problem. Please email the Sect. of Agr Kawamura that you oppose this bill. We know bee keepers who's families have owned the land for over 100 yrs will be forced to move beeyards and in some cases family homes. email me, and I will send you the email letters
    I received, Sorry up all night trying to keep my trees warm.
    Live like you were dying

Susan, I know this has been going on for a while now. Can anyone be of use? Meaning beeks or non-beeks and regardless of location? Are there limitations to what a persons involvement in beekeeping is that would make our responses meaningful to the cause?

If we can help, I might suggest that you post some instructions on what to send and where. And even a copy of the message to send. That way any and all that see the message can copy and paste into their emails. I'm just thinking that some won't bother if they have to contact you first. And also you will miss out on all the visitors to the site that can't contact you. They could also copy and paste and send out the responses, given they have all the information needed.

If that will work, I would send a message over to JohnK and Sheri,pahvantpiper and ask them if they won't place a sticky on it for a while? I'm sure they would be willing to help out.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Thanks I will do that.
    Live like you were dying

Didn't I read somewhere that one of the largest Grower/Owner of Mandarin's, was also one of the largest Almond Grower/Owner in the country ?

Money makes strange bed fellows !!

PCM

Can we say : Paramount Farms : almonds, pistachios, citrus, pomegranates, etc.