Thumbs Up Where to get the best queens????

I've been with the same supplier for over 15 years and find that a lot of time when I need my queen, they can't get them to me right away. Even in late May, I still have a problem getting them. One of the reason I stay with this producer is there queen are Awesome. Only 2% drone layers. Is there other producer out there that can get me this good of queens.

Ron

Big Grin

Sure Ron, I can give you some of mine. I'll run them for a year in my equipment just too be sure.

Default Queens

Ron:

Are you getting them "late" because it's a seasonal/weather thing? If they are local then I understand why they are late. Maybe you could get them sooner but there goes your 2% drone layers. Order sooner if they are coming out of state. I don't think my suppliers get those kind of results. Is that 2% at introduction? Eventually they all get superceded or go drone laying. Lately I've gotten queens that become drone layers after 2 weeks of laying and they keep failing as the season progresses. I suspect they are poorly mated or the drones are sterile.

Regards

Jean-Marc

Default where to get the best queens?

My suppier is out of GA and I'm in OH. I buy all my packages and queens all off of one suppier. The 2% drone layer is from the get go. My supplier always adds in 4 queens per 100 to cover just that I think.

I'm just looking for a back up suppier I can call on Monday and have the queens I need on Friday for the same quality. Is there another suppier like that out there. Maybe I'm asking to much.

I have been using Olivarez queens ever since I was able to bring them up from the US. They are the best dam queens that I have used to this date. My advice is to try some,
    Last edited by Ian; 12-17-2008 at 05:14 PM.
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I have been using Olerverez queens ever since I was able to bring them up from the US. They are the best dam queens that I have used to this date. My advice is to try some,
    Yep, Ray Olivarez has great queens in my experience. He's also a nice guy as well, I've met him at the Northern CA Bee Breeders meetings. You can see his webpage at http://www.ohbees.com/
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

Really, Ray's Queens.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    Really, Ray's Queens.....
    Better be careful of that Putz guy... Rumor has it, he's got RayBees
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

HoneyHouseHolder, would you mind sharing who is the queen supplier in Georgia that you have used in the past. Thanks

Arrow where to get the best queens?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    HoneyHouseHolder, would you mind sharing who is the queen supplier in Georgia that you have used in the past. Thanks
    If I tell you who my suppier is, I'll have even more problem getting my queens when I need them. My suppier only runs about 10,000 queen nucs. Email me at beeswax@rock.com and I'll tell you.

The Honey Householder

>>My suppier only runs about 10,000 queen nucs

Thats sounds like a job to me, what do you mean only 10000 queen nucs!
    www.stepplerfarms.com

To put it into perspective, about how many queens would Olivarez sell in a season, including thier now new expansion into Hawaii,
    www.stepplerfarms.com