Hybrid View

Default What's Up at EAS?

I just received notice that EAS has cancelled speakers, Dee Lusby, Erik Osterlund, and myself. They claim not to have any money for speaker support. Afraid of the recession. Hmmm.

given that the theme is supposed to be keeping bees without chemicals, one wonders how many speakers they will have that actually have experience keeping bees without chemicals (post mite) vs. how many are "experts" on the topic of keeping bees without chemicals.

deknow

After all ,the venue is a resort.I can't afford to stay there.

I would have enjoyed meeting Dee and Erik but I also can see the cost involved.

Some of us are camping.
    http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...e=NY&parkId=31

I hope this does'nt keep you from attending.

Jack, you are in luck.

We also decided that we wanted to hear these speakers, so we invited them, are flying them in to Massachusetts, and paying them to speak (after all, taking time off from beekeeping in July/August certainly costs the beekeeper something...not to mention travel, food, and lodging). We feel it's important for such a conference to be "sustainable" (that it's not a huge cost for the speakers to be there).

After all, it's the speakers that would otherwise be busiest that are the most valuable to have speak.

Details are in the "meetings" forum, or on our website:
    http://BeeUntoOthers.com/

deknow

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    I just received notice that EAS has cancelled speakers, Dee Lusby, Erik Osterlund, and myself. They claim not to have any money for speaker support. Afraid of the recession. Hmmm.
    But you'll probably still be there, won't you Mike? Since it's in NY I'm going to make an effort to be there too.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

I won't be able to make it this year. I'm really busy at that time of year. Just finishing up my queen rearing/nuc making for the year. Not that I wouldn't love to go, and spend countless hours talking bees. But, I don't really take vacations at that time of year. Now, If I had something to do there...some service to the beekeeping community like a workshop, or seminar talking, then I'd make the time.

I e-mailed Joseph K. Are you going to have queens to sell? When do you predict having them available?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    I e-mailed Joseph K. Are you going to have queens to sell? When do you predict having them available?
    June 15-August 15

Dean
    I had hoped that the tentative dates on your website were wrong.I'm heading to W.NY on Sat am.

Mike
    Our loss.