What are some expected prices for Hives, nucs & queens this spring 2009
in CA

This would be after almond pollination

Doubles
Singles
Nucs
Pachages
Queens

Making plans for upcoming year and appreciate all the input from Beek across the county.

Thanks, Larry Pender

#4 ·
a regular nuc will probably be going for 75$
Most of the price of bees is dependent on the shape of the equipment. i bought a bunch of 1 1/2 story hives after almonds for 100$ they were super full of bees split them into three. The equipment was not that great it is serviceable but will get phased out probably next year.

#5 ·
5 frame nucs $100.00
single story cols $150.00
two story cols $200.00

unless you can find the almond pollinater who sold 2 story cols on 4 way pallets last year for $125.00. I think you had to take a semi load. Or maybe you could share a load w/ a friend.

#10 ·
Don't know that I would be to optimistic about price increases with the economy in the tank and falling, layoffs happening across the board everyday. Taxes on the increase, and they will be.

Everyone isn't feeling the pain yet, but it's coming.

I'm not looking to turn this into a political/economic thread, but it certainly will affect prices. All of what's happening will have a trickle down affect until every sector is touched by it.

#12 ·
Don't know that I would be to optimistic about price increases with the economy in the tank

Everyone isn't feeling the pain yet, but it's coming.

I'm not looking to turn this into a political/economic thread, .
bizzybee well said.

political/econmic thread...... that's OK BB, this is a commercial thread so your thoughts apply.

I am optimist about bargins coming up for sale, tomarrow theres a large auction at RB auctions.

The smart keepers buy in bad times and hold in good times. It's a pretty simple method.

#23 ·
$300 per hive ,sounds pretty cheap

I'm only askin $1000

Here's the deal, you get all the accessires with them... like truck,honey suppers, extracters, honey house ,house,beeyards(complete with skunks and the odd bear).... you all know you don't buy a car without a steering wheel, or a cow without a udder... so I'm going to throw in the hired help,the wife, the kids , the dog
Think of all the money ur going to save but not having to go to the gym , , cause ur pulling that 200 lb crop

Irwin

that ain't workin thats the way you do it
Get your money for nothin get your chicks for free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.