Default Business Tax Software

I think I'm taking the plunge this year. I've begun tallying and organizing my receipts this AM. I usually give the CPA all of the info and I've already organized it for him. And last year I went with a different group and the service was expensive and awful. So....this year I think I'm going to do it myself. I'm looking for business tax software. I've looked at TurboTax Business. It'll run about $120 for the fed, and extra $50 for the state plus about $60 for personal fed and state. All together a bit over $200.
    Anybody used these programs? Others? Opinions?
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Turbo tax is the least complicated in my opinion.. You would hate to use a cheaper program that does not work as well.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

Tax Software

Hi BeeManDan

I agree with Bluegrass that TurboTax makes good programs.

However, unless you are incorporated or a partner in a partnership I doubt if you need TurboTax Business. If you are a sole proprieter "TurboTax Home and Business" has both schedule F if you see yourself primarily as a beekeeper or schedule C if you're more of a processor/marketer. So $100 (including state) should get you what you need.

I'd rather be beekeeping, Bug Baffler

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Baffler View Post
    However, unless you are incorporated or a partner in a partnership I doubt if you need TurboTax Business.
    I'm afraid that I'm incorporated as an S corp. I need to file an 1120S and related forms for the feds. I picked up a copy of TurboTax Business today at SAMS for just under $100. I'm hoping.....no that's not the right word.....planning to delve into it over the next couple of weeks.
    Thanks
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Thumbs Up Let's make it unanimous!

Turbo Tax Rules!!!