Thread: Rambo Deer

Default Rambo Deer

funny story. Guess it's a good thing it wasn't a bear!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...o-shot-it.html

The guy is lucky. I've heard about people getting killed by deer during the rutting/ hunting season. If it had been a bear, I would hope the guy would have had more than a .270.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

I'd like to see a pic of the deer....just shows how careful you should be when approaching down game.
    "I reject your reality, and substitute my own." Adam Savage

The Nature Center up in Asheville NC used to keep deer in one of their displays. They lived and had offspring quite well there, so every year they would take the overstock up to the watershed near Black Mtn. to release them on the watershed property. 29,000 acres of protected City property was the perfect place to release the semi-wild deer.
    That was until one day in the fall, late 80's, during the rut. There was a guy that lived just below the dam off of the property. He noticed a nice buck standing out in the road in front of his house and stepped outside. The deer made no offer to run, likely one of the released deer that had moderate fear of people. So he decided to approach a little closer and then closer until he and the deer were in a fight in the driveway for the next few minutes. The deer keeping him pinned for short time at one point.
    He said that they were both finally pretty well worn out and the deer finally backed off enough for him to get up and go back into the house. He looked outside and the deer was just standing there waiting as if to say, "ya want some more of this buddy!" LOL
    Well, it ended sadly for the ole buck as he got his gun and took him down. The deer never managed to gore him but he was beat up and scraped up from the battle. Seems like he made the trip to the hospital just to make sure nothing was broken or out of place.
    I'm sure the next time he saw a deer in the yard, he thought twice about visiting.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

You know, I live a whole whopping 45 miles from Sedalia MO, and I didn't hear anything at all about this during firearms season.. I'm impressed that it is global news.