Default Rebuilding a Web Site

I am thinking of rebuilding my web site because, right now, I am building it with Website Tonight program and is provided by godaddy.com. It was nice and easy to use but now I need more ability.

So, I am not sure where to build the web site now... either Dreamweaver, Expression, or First PAge but I have a question...

When I have picked where I want to build it, do I just start over or do I need to download my current web site onto the place I am wanting to build my website with??????
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Chef,

what I would do is install a webserver on my home PC and do the development there. then when you're happy with the new site you can move the files to your go daddy account. this package

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

includes the apache webserver configured to do php scripting if you want it, plus a mysql database. probably more bells and whistles than you need but they're nice toys to play with and it's all free. it's also a simple one click installation

Dave

Dreamweaver also lets you pull all of your files locally and edit them on your local drive. When you're ready to blast to a real site, just let them fly and Dreamweaver will fill all the links for you. After that, you can synch your local and your remote files any time you wish. I have a number of sites that are stored locally. If I ever have to move to a new provider, I just point Dreamweaver in that direction and upload. Voila...I'm done! You don't even need a local web server (unless you're executing server based code such as server side includes, perl, etc.). I believe FirstPage allows that as well.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Doesn't make sense that you are limited to files uploaded??? Filezilla client will also append files so you only upload changed files from your site folder.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

hope you folks are talking nice to each other 'cause to this hunt and pecker you are speaking not a foreign language but and alien language. THATS IT!! you've all been abducted...
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Yeah Mike...it feels that way sometimes. On the other hand, we talk "bee" too!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Just a thought... Before you transfer the website, check and make sure that nothing is copyrighted by your old web hosting, (templates ect.) especially if it was hosted free. And I have found that it is easier to build your new website then redirect your domain when it is ready. If your looking to add carts, ect. than you can usually get better hosting rates talking to them on the phone than signing up online. But I'm no expert, just learned these things recently.