Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bee Log

temps just hit 64....bees are flyin'

hard to see, but check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKI_bvbWmmM

nobody?

It was 65 here in Erie. When that happens in December here, one is not indoors on the computer! A few bees flying yesterday, but the wind is howling today, so that was probably it for the nice weather.
    “The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” -Henry David Thoreau

Hows this for a Fondant recipe...
    1 part confectionary sugar
    1part HFCS mix until clay like?

Search the site for a Fondant recipe. But if I was you I'd switch to Fondant while you can. It's actually easy to make and gets easier with experience.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Thanks......I went to a bee club meeting last night and saw Greg Rogers give a lecture on Nucs and splits, some really interesting techniques. A bit overwhelming for a noobie like me.......but cool

Well my bees survived the bitter cold here.....They have eaten 2qts of sugar water so far. Around 5lbs of sugar. The temp hit 64 yesterday...there was A LOT of activity. Ive read the queen starts laying in feb.....does it have to stay warm for this to start?

my bee school starts on saturday....cool. and so far my bee log is still surviving

From the amount of posts, it appears you've officially got the beekeeping bug. There's no cure, you might as well enjoy it. Getting yourself educated by attending classes, making contacts with experienced Beeks (especially local) whom you can watch and ask questions of and reading as much as you want is the right way to start things off. I'm going into my 4th year and am continually learning. Starting to make some of my own equipment and going to try raising my own queens from grafts this year.

It's a very dynamic hobby as you don't know what you're find and be challenged with from day to day. Hive extractions like what you're dealing with are a whole lot of fun. It's a learning experience you'll never forget. Keep it up.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Ed Buchanon is gonna help with the extraction in the spring.....any of yall ever done it? any recommendations

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234