Thread: Turkey Hunter

Hybrid View

Default Turkey Hunter

A game warden was driving down the road when he came upon a young boy carrying a wild turkey under his arm.

He stopped and asked the boy, 'Where did you get that turkey?'

The boy replied, 'What turkey?'

The game warden said, 'That turkey you're carrying under your arm.'

The boy looks down and said, 'Well, lookee here, a turkey done roosted under my arm!'

The game warden said, 'Now look, you know turkey season is closed, so whatever you do to that turkey, I'm going to do to you.

If you break his leg, I'm gonna break your leg. If you break his wing, I'll break your arm. Whatever you do to him, I'll do to you. So, what are you gonna do with him?'

The little boy said, 'I guess I'll just kiss his butt and let him go!'

May your stuffing be tasty
    May your turkey be plump,
    May your potatoes and gravy
    Have never a lump.
    May your yams be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,
    And may your Thanksgiving dinner
    Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

That's a cute one. Happy turkey day to you too.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Big Grin Don't play poker with old men, they have nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by iddee View Post
    A game warden was driving down the road when he came upon a young boy carrying a wild turkey under his arm.
    iddee, you beat me to the poem so I though I would just post a true story.

An old man at our South Alabama hunting club always took the stand closest to the road so he could walk back to the clubhouse if he got tired, cold, hungry or wet.

On a mid afternoon hunt the hounds had just been turned loose when a 4 point came running by his stand.

He raised his Browning and gave him a load of 00-buckshot right in the machinery room. The deer fell on the spot.

Just as he shot the local game warden came driving down the blacktop. Hearing the shot the game warden decided to see who was hunting and if they had bagged one. The game warden turned off and drove a few hundred yards down the logging road were he found the old feller in the woods, standing over his buck.

“Well Mr. B------ I see you got yourself a deer,” the game warden said. Since this was a long standing lease he knew all the members and helped us with trespassers.

“Yea Sonny,” Mr. B------ said “I shore did.”

“Well I’ll just check your hunting license and be going,” answered the game warden.

Old Man B------ checked all his pockets in his hunting coat, his billfold, his shirt, and said, “Dang it Sonny, I can’t find them huntin licenses anywhere.”

“I hate to do this,” said the game warden, “But I’m going to have to write you up and impound your gun and deer.”

“I know” said Old man B------ “Your only doing your job.”

So the game warden picked up Old Man B------‘s Browning and pulled his deer out to the logging road. When he got to the road Old Man B------ reached into his pants pocket and said “Oh Sonny looky, here them hunting licenses is!”
    Scrapfe---Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.--Otto von Bismarck.