Default Do we have any tube TV repairman on Beesource

My son and I purchased a old Curits Mathes tube TV for $10. Haven't been able to find anything about it on the web. The radio works great and has a tuning eye which is neat. One of the vertical tubes is bad so off to eBay we go for that. The sound works on the TV and we do get some picture tube does show signs of life. We are really interested in trying to date it and who actually manufactured the guts. Most of the tubes are marked as Curtis Mathes tubes.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com

you reference a job description that is definitely in decline. one of my buds here 'aka george the tube god' tells me that on some current models that they are not even making repair parts. he also tells me that most tubes are now made in china and are NOT of the same quality as the older american made product.

I think there are still some good tubes coming out of Russia.
    If you have an antique radio dealer in you're are he probably has a tube tester.
    Dan

Well we got the tube and the TV now works. The tube was originally from Radio Shack and we have the box. The tube has a life time guarantee. When it goes out I am going to try claim the guarantee.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com