Thread: Cloudy Honey

Sad Cloudy Honey

I bottled honey that I haven't had time this summer to finish. This honey was somewhat granulated. I liquified, strained, and bottled it. My problem is that the honey is cloudy. I have put in oven on low setting for 3 hours and left it there overnight so that what air bubbles in the honey would come to the top. But it didn't help the clarity of the honey. Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks,
    K Green

What is causing the cloudiness? Impurities? Strainer too coarse? You eliminated all air bubbles? Remeber it can take days/weeks to get rid of all the air. When you said you put it in the oven on low... how low do you mean? If the honey heated anywhere above 145 it will certainly get darker and maybe that increases the cloudiness aspect. Does it taste OK? If it was crystalized did any fermentation occurr?
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you`ll be among the stars!

The honey was heated to 140 degrees for 3 hours and let stand in oven overnight. It was strained thru 2 nylon cloths. The only thing I noticed that my honey pump had a small leak. I strained 600 lbs of this honey and cannot get it clear. Taste good,just the cloudiness.

let it sit in a warm room for a few days or week, it may clear. It takes time for air and debri to float to the top, even in warm honey.