Thread: Pulling supers

Default Pulling supers

Hi Everyone,

Came across the Bee Source and sounds like lots of good tips and info.
    When my hubby and I started keeping bees 2 years ago, we heard if you talk to 50 beekeepers, you'll get 50 different answers.

But, my question is. Because of crazy circumstances, I didn't get my supers off til beginning of November in an indian summer moment here in Western PA.
    Well, I had to warm them for a few days and put them back on the hives to be cleaned by our "girls".

Couple of days later it took a turn with cold, snowy weather. I don't want to leave the supers on, but I fear taking them off in this cold weather 32 degrees during the day.

I usually haven't gone into the hives (in the spring) until temps are at least 60 degrees. What are anyone's thoughts?

Frannie:

1frannie

Welcome to beesource I moved your post to the forum, you will get more answers here
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

32, no. 45 or above, and sunny, pull'em. Bees cluster at 45 or below. It's not good to disturb them then.

The bees may have moved up in the suppers-you may need to what till the temps are up a little more to move them down and close them up.