Thread: Feeding Frenzy

Default Feeding Frenzy

About 2 weeks ago I left my feed bucket outside. And 3-8 bees at a time were getting the tiny bit that was left over. So when I made more feed, I placed some of my feed with essential oil mix in it out there for them. This is what happened. These are not my bees. Since mine are 10 miles away. I think these are from a feral hive around here. I don't know anyone around here that keeps.

About an hour after I put it out.

About 3 hours later:

Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Default Another Frenzy

This is just before they carried the bottle off into the sky!

This is just before they carried the bottle off into the sky!

lol.

That is a frenzy. Many more and they could have carried the whole drum.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Thanks for posting that picture. It looks so nice and warm. I'm sitting here with a sweater on. Worked outside all day and it got up to about 32 degrees

Lightbulb free bees

Put out more feed and watch carefully which way they fly. You can follow them back to their tree and next spring you have a new hive.

Quote Originally Posted by berkshire bee View Post
    Thanks for posting that picture. It looks so nice and warm. I'm sitting here with a sweater on. Worked outside all day and it got up to about 32 degrees

About 80 deg when I took my pics 2 weeks ago. 80 deg again today. Cold is moving in. High on Saturday is gonna be upper 50's. That's getting cold for us.

Quote Originally Posted by cow pollinater View Post
    Put out more feed and watch carefully which way they fly. You can follow them back to their tree and next spring you have a new hive.

My thought's exactly. I have them narrowed down to about a 20 acre patch they could be in. I was gonna put out more feed. And talk a walk.