Thread: Ham Radio

Default Ham Radio

Hi all i have seen we have several ham's here.I wonder if any would like to try and make a contact.I Have been upgrading all the time.I guess one reason i do not spend as much time here like i use to.Just got kenwood TS 2000 enjoing it alot,tho still learning to run it.I have a Geneal class license and have antennas for most bands but can likely tune the rest.
    Mitch KD8IMF

I think there are quite a few hams here, just not the kind you can hook and antenna to and talk around the world?

Interesting hobby, wish I had gotten into myself.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Never to late to get into a new hobbie.Did You know the mores code is no longer required?

I do agree there alot of ham's here but maybe we could try to hook them to the antenna
    Mitch KD8IMF

Mitch
    I havent had my radios on for a loooong time all the wire antenna are down ( I do listen to 146.52 some time in the shop but nothing there ) and I spend to much time here and in chat room to put up the antenna again.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Ham radios have always intrigued me and I've drooled
    over them a long time. But, the big $$$ investment
    has kept me out of it.

I think the main thing that appeals to me is that you
    can communicate even with the power down or some
    other calamity.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman46408 View Post
    Mitch
    I havent had my radios on for a loooong time all the wire antenna are down ( I do listen to 146.52 some time in the shop but nothing there ) and I spend to much time here and in chat room to put up the antenna again.
    Ed not sure what all equipmet you have,There are nets out of Chicago on monday and friday nights a 8pm on 144.215 USB.And a bit later on the same night on 6 meter dont have my sheet tell frq and times for that.Who knows some day you will get back into it again.

I Have a 13b2 for 2 meter SSB and a 5 elament yagi for 6 meter .i have a reglar antenna farm going.10 meter beam and ground plane,plus dipoles for 20,40 ,60,80 and soon 17 meters.Nthing is very high but works nice.i have no tall trees for the dipoles.just 2 30 ft towers.
    Mitch KD8IMF

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Ham radios have always intrigued me and I've drooled
    over them a long time. But, the big $$$ investment
    has kept me out of it.

I think the main thing that appeals to me is that you
    can communicate even with the power down or some
    other calamity.
    Carefull stop drooling electronics and moistrue get along about as well as bees and moisture.Well the $$ can get there but it is not any worse than my bee equipmet orders lol.

That is the idea behind amature radio emegency comunication.I keep a battery for everything i can.Next summer you should to go to a local club field day.Everything runs off portable power and antennas.
    Mitch KD8IMF

K5RZZ here.I have been a little lax on HF lately .I run a G5RV antenia with an Icon 706 Mk 11 G and a small 2 meter radio for local taking with club member and local net.

Mitch when I do get to talk HF ,it is usually 75 meters . maybe we can see if we can make a link some time . I have talked to W.Va and even N.Y . Let me know when you want to try and I'll get back to you. 73

My shack has been torn apart since field day. HF rig hr es icom 756pro, I love it.
    Ant force 12 11 el beam. for 5 bands & a carolina windom.

Mostly working 2M mobile, too many hobbies.

There are a lot of us on beesourse. I've met 2 on my local 2M repeater.

73 de KQ6AR, coded extra
    Dan

Default Irlp

might try and irlp link up some night I have one irlp repeter in the area.K8li repeter in Delta Ohio 147.285 but not sure of the node.
    Mitch KD8IMF