Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Almond News

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK and Sheri View Post
    Maybe, Keith, your patties would have turned them on too. We do want to try yours some time, for sure.
    Sheri
    Ha! maybe.....

Maybe next year Sheri, I'm booked up till Jan 20 of this year. Got to get more tubs in the system.

Keith, when I said maybe your patties would turn them on I was referring to the queenless ones. I hear your patties do miracles for a colony, are they that good?.
    Sheri

Big Grin

Sheri, if you could come up with something that made them all Queen "right", I would give Chef the sub receipe. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    Sheri, if you could come up with something that made them all Queen "right", I would give Chef the sub receipe. lol
    Guess Chef is out of luck for now, unless he sneaks a read of your research papers when he's down there helping next summer. Where there's a will there's a way and we all know Chef is willful when it comes to your recipe.
    Sheri

Well Sheri it is not looking good for weather. Nothing but fog and cold for the next 10 days. At least we have not had a frost yet. Usually we have had a hard frost by now. My bees are clustered right now with no onw moving around. I am hoping for a somewhat warm day to see how things are going. I am also hoping fog will not be to bad of an issue on Wed. I will make sure to take notes and bring some back for those that want to know. I had one queenless hive I needed to combine with the one next to it but weather has not cooperated at all. So Sheri you guys coming back out just before chirstmas?
    Angi of HHH Farms Hanford Ca
    Organic Farm & heritage, rare breed poultry, ducks, quail

Big Grin

lol....

You know, Chef, should head east to YOUR place for the spring break.
    Your climate is much closer to his than mine.

Who would want to learn how to keep bees in this state of drought that were in,all Chef would learn is how to feed bees here.

Angi, yeah, we are flying back out Christmas day, no less, the only day AA would let us use miles for the ticket. Yeah, that fog is a downer. I booked our flight out of Fresno for 1:30pm and glad I did. I heard a flight was grounded for 6 hours last week, passengers all calling 911, no food, no toilets etc.
    While it sure seemed colder than normal to us in California, that was balmy compared to our -3 windchill when we stepped off the plane in Minneapolis! BRRRR, can't wait to get back.
    Sheri

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    lol....
    ...Chef, should head east to YOUR place for the spring break.
    Spring break? We are lucky to have our bees back from Cali by then. But, ....we could sure use help shoveling snow from the holding yard. Hey, Isaac, wanna come help in Wisconsin???
    Sheri

Well actually for the Central Valley of california this weather is mild. Yes we have the fog and no sun but usually we have had light frosts and it has killed off the flys and the heirloom tomatoes we grow here at home. Last year was the first year we had ever had tomatoes past thanksgiving but we had a frost right after for black friday. So far this year we have not gotten down to freezing or frost temps and the flys are getting horrable. Sheri if you want shoot me a pm and I will give you my cell number and you can feel free to give me a call. I am only 30 min south of Fresno. I am hoping I will have the money for the American Honey Producers confrence in Jan. I have to pay 50 for member ship (hobbiest) Although at the rate I am going I will have to pay more next year for membership. And then the 150 or 200 for the confrience or 75 for one day. I would like to go to both. I have 24 chicks I have to drop off in Ceres on my way to the Almond board meeting in Modesto. Needless to say the tomatoes are still hanging in there slow to ripen but not killed off yet which is a huge shock.

Angi

Default almond conference

I would be interested in hearing news from the conference. Maybe you could post here? Thanks.

I plan on taking notes. LIke prices and info from growers and anything important. I will Either post here or make a new post in the commercial beekeepers section. Parking is what is going to be the killer at 1.00 an hr. I had lunch with the key speaker paid for on wed at 25.00 a month ago. But did not know it was a buck an hr. And the very last siminar I wanted to go to as well. So it islooking like it will be 9.00 just for parking. I hope and pray it is not foggy as I have to leave here at 6am. And if it is foggy I will have to leave a little earlier. I wish I had one of those mini recorders so I can record it and take more detailed notes after it. As I know I might miss something. ONe of the siminars is Almond Bloom 2009 and beyond. And I will be at that one. And another one which is right before lunch is a talk all with growers and beekeepers. I did not pay for the dinner only because of the fog. And having to get home oh and the 60.00 fee yuck. Anyway I will try my best to keep anyone wanting to know in the know.

Angi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123