Default civil war reenactors wanting candles

I was asked if I could make candles for some reenactors but could I make them burn longer than what they already had?
    Here's the question , is there a way to make them burn longer than 30 minutes? Better wick, coat with something long burning?

Either way must be natural and look the period.

Thanks.
    If you build it they will comb it.<br />Tim Rolan

Pure Beeswax candles burn longer than parafin? candles, just make them longer and thicker
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

What size of candle are they using/looking for? A slim taper should burn at maximum an inch an hour with a properly sized wick. A thicker candle will burn slower yet. It would be a very small beeswax candle that burns out in only 30 minutes, unless the wick is drowning.
    Sheri

I was told it is a 1 x 8 size candle. I was not there nor did I see them burn but my son was and he said they were mostly white and did not burn long at all. I figured they were something other than bees wax.

I am looking at some of the molds this size from better bee and mann lake and will try them and see if they like em, the reenactments are over for the most part this year and should start back next spring.
    Thanks
    If you build it they will comb it.<br />Tim Rolan