I have two hives- each in a single deep. We have not seen the marked queen in hive2 for 2-3 weeks (two pairs of eyes) and there are very few capped worker cells present. Hive1 definately has a queen as of yesterday so I would like to combine both hives for winter. Especially since hive1 has fewer bees and honey stores (but a viable queen) while hive 2 has plenty of honey stores but had/has? a gimpy queen (one hind leg drags) with constant supersedure cells the last couple of months.
Should I wait until I see no more capped worker cells in hive2 or give it a go?
I am at a beekeepers conference this weekend with Dr. Marla Spivak but her specialty is queen genetics so I thought I'd ask this question here.