Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Argentina price up!

http://www.apitrack.com/noticias/aaa...el_es_open.htm

FROM 6.70 t0 6.90........................... as the big move begun?

Default pure sweet honey company,verona,wi

Couldn't hold off anymore! $1.30 lb ELA last 25 drums. Run out of Amish to by for $1.65 lb by the drum. Now the rest is sold they(amish) will be calling for another 10 drums tomorrow.

Default Cheap chinese@ .89/lb, by the drum,white

close to Los Angeles, FOB Rowland Heights CA 91748. ............item found on Bee L,

The old chinese limbo game..........how low can we go.......... organic from Mongolia, or it would be lower priced.......... currently being tested for everthing under the sun........sold by Mega Farms

Sell your honey now while its high boys,
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Me thinks it's going higher yet. The full impact of a short Argentina crop has yet to be felt. Keep in mind that this man sold his honey a long time ago.

Jean-Marc

ha, no doubt.
    much easier to make these kind of decisions on the side lines
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Argentina ups price again

http://apitrack.com/index_en_open.htm

ARGENTINA- INCREASING THE PRICE PAID TO HONEY PRODUCERS
    As reported by the Grain Stock Exchange in Buenos Aires today, has increased the producer price per kilogram of honey, export quality, kg per drum to $ 7.50 (+8.7%), equivalent to 2.10 U.S. dollars per kilogram (+6%). According to the calculations of the beekeeper Jorge Cargnelutti, this figure would show a value of exports from Argentina to dollars $ 2.69 per kilogram and an apparent value in the global market of 3.2 dollars per kilogram (without a net import surcharges)

We are now back to the price that was being offered in oct 2008......... will rise continue on further news of the poor crop?....... US packers were buying domestic honey cheaper last fall

It is sure nice to see prices that approach profitibality. If this continues we might even get a return on the investment.

Jean-Marc

I have been reading cropping reports of world weather conditions. This past year showed some unfavourable conditions, resulting in production deficits, yet there still has been a huge amount of food produced world wide.
    Predictions for subsequent cropping conditions are favourable. So much so that there is the feeling of an abundance of food produced.
    IF this is the case, we are probably looking at a decrease in food commodities into the next year. That is IF, remember, IF this doesn't hold true, then we stay in the black. From what I have been observing over the last few years is that honey production does tend to follow the same rules as cropping production. No crop, no honey. Lots of crop, lots of honey.

All I am saying, is look at the charts. This is a high price paid for honey. Might want to take it while its high. Sell old crop at a high price, sell new crop after its in your drums. Dont put all your eggs in one basket,
    www.stepplerfarms.com

wife went to the super market the other day, they are selling 5lb jars for $9.49..... She didn't check the label but will next time, anyone know how much it costs to get honey checked for contaminents?? or where?

mike

wildbranch....ABF(american beekeeping federation)has tesing available for free. If you are not a member I'm not sure but you may call them (google web site). If not a member I encourage you to join. Also we need to get the honey standard passed in each state. This is the standard that FDA said they didnt have enough time to do. It gives a legal defination of honey and gives beekeepers or othewr injured parties the right to sue the adulterator for damages. Just passed in Florida. Guess we should start a thread on here about this. Sure would help out prices....no more "honey syrup". Ill get one going today or soon about it and what ou can do! Rick

The honey standard will certainly change the honey market. The ability to sue the packer who sells adulterated/contaminated honey will change the way things are done. I also wonder what unintended consequences this will have on the market? I guess time will tell.

Jean-Marc

>>Sure would help out prices....no more "honey syrup".

not sure what you mean on that, honey syrup isnt illegal,
    Passing it off as pure honey is though,
    I am assuming your refering to Chinese honey in regards to that.
    www.stepplerfarms.com

my father was not paying attention and went to the store and bought what he thought was a jar of honey, after he got home and looked at it it is imitation honey. I have not had a chance to look at it yet and see what it is but it is not honey. he says honey was written real big and imitation was real small in a corner.

ya that sucks!

but its not illegal, not until the government changes the regulation in regards to that issue.
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Default NASS 2008 honey crop report released

http://www.usda.gov/nass/PUBS/TODAYRPT/hony0209.txt

Reactions in 2008 to Nass HONEY REPORT
    http://www.nass.usda.gov/research/re...Publication.pd...............
    ............ NO REACTION , low import prices determine the market price?

Irwin:

You're second posting "Reaction to ...." is not coming up something about illegal gateway. See even the computers get in on the action at the mere mention of chinese honey.

Default sorry bad link, try google for that reaction pdf

Essentially the reaction to the annual NASS report is ziltch, it does not affect the market according to NASS...........how much the recession will affect the demand for honey is the big question........Packers would like producers to believe their is a limit to the price they can put it on the shelf for.............and their is a limit no doubt, but what is that limit , is it 1.50 1.75 1.85
    Will the shortage increase this shelf price limit?

Producer honey stocks were 50.4 million pounds on December 15, 2008, down 4 percent from a year earlier.This is not alot of influence on the total market of 388-450 million lbs of which 265 million is imported.Alot of chinese either legal or illegally transhipped honey is in that imported honey .................keeping the price low

Default NASS 2008 honey crop report released

The link was missing the f for. pdf

http://www.nass.usda.gov/research/re...ublication.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by suttonbeeman View Post
    wildbranch....ABF(american beekeeping federation)has tesing available for free. If you are not a member I'm not sure but you may call them (google web site). If not a member I encourage you to join. Also we need to get the honey standard passed in each state. This is the standard that FDA said they didnt have enough time to do. It gives a legal defination of honey and gives beekeepers or othewr injured parties the right to sue the adulterator for damages. Just passed in Florida. Guess we should start a thread on here about this. Sure would help out prices....no more "honey syrup". Ill get one going today or soon about it and what ou can do! Rick
    From what I heard it did not pass in Florida.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast