Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bulk honey prices and market outlook

Costco sources a lot of its honey from BeeMaid, here in Canada anyway. BeeMaid honey is 100% Canadian honey. Source Verified works in this case
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Label makes no reference to Canada.
    But Argentina & source verified???
    So help me out here, how does that work???

BeeMaid honey sold in Canadian Costcos,
    I cant speak for US Costcos
    BeeMaid honey is sourced varified, in fact not only that, but in a couple of years, all the honey BeeMaid sells will be from CFIA registered facilities
    www.stepplerfarms.com

``Source Verified " Interesting that packers,sellers will be able to trace honey back to individual producers, and probably back to the actual beeyard and hives it was produced in,mostly because of the large retailers like Costco and Wally World, who require this for insurance reasons.Also interesting that Bee Maid producers who fail to register with CFIA and,or pass CFIA stringent inspection regulations will cost them 3 cents a lb compared to those who do register and pass every year.
    All for the betterment of those selling the product on the shelf,and some of the producers....needless to say this cannot be done(traceability) WITH CHINESE OR MOST OF THE FOREIGN HONEY IMPORTED IN THE WORLD

I would hope there is some kind of penalty for not complying with registration. Otherwise there would be no incentive to comply and the boards direction. I dont know how they will handle non registered producers after their deadline passes. I would assume they have an action plan to help retiring beekeepers make an exit without having to invest alot of time and money. And for the rest of us, I think the board is working towards the right direction in response to consumer demands.
    We produce very high quality honey here on the prairies, might as well exploit our to do so

As you say, good luck getting most Internationally Foreign traded honey to do the same
    www.stepplerfarms.com

If I were a betting man and there was such a thing as honey futures in the market place, I 'd say honey futures would have went thru the roof today on this news

http://www.justice.gov/usao/iln/pr/c...pr0220_02.html

..............seems to be a lot of packing capacity or volume of sales that is no longer being filled with cheap Chinese honey...........for a long time I hope

Got an "Unable to find the page you are searching for." message when I click on that link. What's the story Irwin?
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Mark, 99% sure he refering to the many guilty pleas in federal court about honey laundering. Where they dodged 50+ million in taxes and will now pay 1 or 2 million in fines and promise to "play nice" now.

Great news for the many honest folks in this industry. The punishment needs to fit the crime though. This is the kind of thing that Truesource was organized to fight. Groeb's obviously had a huge unfair and illegal advantage over the competition.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

It seems like a good deal for Groebs , all they have to do is pay 2million in fines and not the 180million in duties, or whatever there share is.
    Clear Lake Wi. / Sebring Fl.

...and the loss of reputation?

Where did all that honey go? Other packers? Eventually onto the store shelves or the cereal/bakery industry? I guess I should read the article, especially since Irwin reposted it for me, but, was any of this honey seized?
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Quote Originally Posted by max2 View Post
    ...and the loss of reputation?
    Thats Funny!!!!!!

Loss of reputation???
    I am getting old & forgetful but seems to me, I think just maybe, have not some of these names been in the news before in the past years for the same type of deal???

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Where did all that honey go? Other packers? Eventually onto the store shelves or the cereal/bakery industry? I guess I should read the article, especially since Irwin reposted it for me, but, was any of this honey seized?
    Of the 200 or so used honey buckets I purchased a coupla years ago, they nearly were all Groeb's buckets. Since the buckets came from Raeford Farms I would imagine they were used on the "Honey Roasted Turkeys".
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

Quote Originally Posted by soupcan View Post
    Loss of reputation???
    I am getting old & forgetful but seems to me, I think just maybe, have not some of these names been in the news before in the past years for the same type of deal???
    Get it - non to loose?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Mansell View Post
    Thats Funny!!!!!!
    It is funny to us Trevor but it may also be enlightening to their customers, many of whom I would hope are questioning what exactly have they been buying.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

so what does happen to the honey that is,was seized.I realize most of the volume was marketed ,sold.

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    It is funny to us Trevor but it may also be enlightening to their customers, many of whom I would hope are questioning what exactly have they been buying.
    Jim ,if people or large companies are buying honey from Groeb ,they dont care what they are buying and this article wont make a difference. Ive been to Groebs down here and its nothing but a sea of Chinese honey ,full and empty drums. Ive been reading these articles about how much they import and how they get around duties for years. And you know what ,they are still in business and people are still buying there product. ICE or whatever dept it is needs to get serious and make them pay the full amount of duties they circumvented .

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast