Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bulk honey prices and market outlook

.......and the farmer is responsible for negligent use of a product. Natural pollinators and other non target species are purposely killed when an applicator misuses the product they are applying.

If that farmers cattle escape off his property then they are fair game?
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

[QUOTE=Beeslave;96686.If that farmers cattle escape off his property then they are fair game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, key word here "escaped off his property", try telling that to the farmer spaying his crop, Oh, my bees escaped (flew) over to your crop.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

I check this Thread to see what is going on w/ "Bulk honey prices and market outlook" No to witness another "bees and pesticides" argument.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    I check this Thread to see what is going on w/ "Bulk honey prices and market outlook" No to witness another "bees and pesticides" argument.
    So how's that working out for ya?

Just fine Jim.

I check this Thread to see what is going on w/ "Bulk honey prices and market outlook"

I call the honey hotline:MID US HONEY HOTLINE--1-763-658-4193

I hear ya Mark and I wont perpetuate the side issue but Rick did give us an intriguing honey price report and some relevant (though troubling) hive condition reports. Considering the fact that this isnt exactly a Beesource hotspot at least somebody is doing something to wake it up.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by loggermike View Post
    I check this Thread to see what is going on w/ "Bulk honey prices and market outlook"

I call the honey hotline:MID US HONEY HOTLINE--1-763-658-4193
    What did you hear?

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    What did you hear?
    I just called it white honey is goin for 2.20 to 2.25...........yikes ..one guy out west 6 semi loads for 2.20

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I just called it white honey is goin for 2.20 to 2.25...........yikes ..one guy out west 6 semi loads for 2.20
    He did good but 2.25 is the latest number I have heard from a major packer. At those prices, though, the biggest consideration needs to be given to the specifics of the agreement regarding honey grading, drum return and, most importantly who you are comfortable doing business with. A few cents a pound can become a minor consideration if you get docked or if you spend too much time looking at an empty mail box.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    A few cents a pound can become a minor consideration if you get docked or if you spend too much time looking at an empty mail box.
    you hit it right on the head i dont even like it when they dont pay for a month

$1.85 for Light Amber in buckets small quantities, 5 or 6 buckets.

"At those prices, though, the biggest consideration needs to be given to the specifics of the agreement regarding honey grading, d"rum return and, most importantly who you are comfortable doing business with. A few cents a pound can become a minor consideration if you get docked or if you spend too much time looking at an empty mail box

Precisely Why we we joined Sue BEE, tired of playing games with US
    private packers....Canadian producers maybe a dime a dozen, but we prefer not to give it away, it is of the same quality if not better than US midwest honey,we get a fair return for, on , our investment in Sue, it certainly wouldn't be the highest price paid, nor will it be the lowest, it is however a good, fair price, drums exchanged, I pay the brokerage,They pay the freight from my door, those people know how
    to treat people.... or should I should I say members. Proud to be a member of Sue Bee

Quote Originally Posted by irwin harlton View Post
    Proud to be a member of Sue Bee
    sue bee sucks in my opinion. funny at bee meeting in MN last week golden herritage "barkmens" wonder why they keep changing the name, was only saying 2.15. the games we play if we are not members to sue bee. but ill take my chances. hows the crop looking everyone..... not good enuff to drive price down i bet......

What are the necessary requirements in becoming a "honey" broker.

The ability to purchase, store and sell honey. Deep pockets are especially helpful.

Jean-Marc

Quote Originally Posted by jean-marc View Post
    The ability to purchase, store and sell honey. Deep pockets are especially helpful.

Jean-Marc
    I have no real knowledge.. but I suspect a "Gambler's Instincts" would be essential..... you know..... "Gotta know when to holdem, gotta know when to foldem"!
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

Quote Originally Posted by mnbeekeeper View Post
    sue bee sucks in my opinion. funny at bee meeting in MN last week golden herritage "barkmens" wonder why they keep changing the name, was only saying 2.15. the games we play if we are not members to sue bee. but ill take my chances. hows the crop looking everyone..... not good enuff to drive price down i bet......
    I think Barkmans have been pretty clear about the reasons for the change back to their former name and their is really nothing insidious about it all just the economic reality of where the control and ownership of their company lies. Nothing terribly surprising about a slight softening of the honey market as new crop honey becomes available. $2.15 is a pretty good price, I will be thrilled if it stays over $2.00. 2013 Crop? Who knows. There is reason for optimism out this way but at this point there is still a lot of work to be done before I will call ours a real good crop.

Cool Re: Bulk honey prices and market outlook

Jim, I haven't seen the market softening at all in the East, because of the rain. Packer calling me has quoted price at $2.25 and others have called to check the price and price being quoted at $2.15. So it depends on if the packer calls you or you call the packer on what you will get.
    Sounds like packers games to me.

Anyway you look at it. its not a bad price.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast