Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bulk honey prices and market outlook

I was offered $1.95/lb for 200 barrels. Sold most of it locally for $2.25. From my personal experience and discussions, with prices of managing hives escalating and the increasing awareness of quality honey prices for my honey has only been going up the past two years. Kicking myself for selling at $1.50 a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by woodedareas View Post
    What do you suggest when I sell my honey if I am using treatment?
    Thanks
    For Sale, Honey contaminated with various types of chemicals you wouldn't think about eating directly, but if you eat my honey you will get an indirect dose of the same chemicals.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

1.95 for a load of white gallberry honey last week to a main line packer. ELA is at 1.75

Billy Bee, alais McCormick, is offering 1.50 for 2012 new crop......she will get very little honey at this price

Quote Originally Posted by irwin harlton View Post
    Billy Bee, alais McCormick, is offering 1.50 for 2012 new crop......she will get very little honey at this price
    Lets hope so. Swarm Trapper is right on the mark with current offerings by major packers though that ELA price may be a bit low. I am sure that there will be a bit of a downtick as new crop honey comes in but I really don't see any reason that honey prices shouldn't continue trending up long term. To me the most encouraging thing is how steadily and consistently prices have risen giving consumers time to adjust without "sticker shock" reducing sales. I just recently saw 1# Sue Bee spun honey on the shelf at over $7.00 Wow!
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Thumbs Up Re: Bulk honey prices and market outlook

As a producer and supplier. I'm seeing a greater demand for honey this year, because of last years shortage. I've had all my customer call looking for honey already, because they are sold out early this year. On top of my customers I've had a lot of new customers looking for honey too. So where does a supplier set there price for that kind of demand.

I know packers have contracts to fill, but as a producer I've taken the risks for years with little pay. Times have changed and people want to know where there honey is coming from and the beekeepers are there to sell it to them. As a producer I'm glad to sell to those beekeepers.

There is a beekeeping and honey mania going on which might end as fast as it appeared. Take advantage of it while you can.

very true odfrank,...has the market PRICE peaked?......HONEY HOT LINE 763 658 4193

Fires, drought, shortage before the season started, demand is up.......prices will still increase. JMO
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

But not much if Argentina and oter major importing countries had good crops.
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

wixon was offering 1.85 a lb and not finding any takers. Since I'm short of honey the people I sell to have been looking around for it, one found 5 gal pails at 2.35lb the other at 2.50lb others have been looking and around and there just isn't much honey so I would guess the price will just keep going up.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

If those prices are for personal use they are way too low. Retail at $3.00 to $3.50 /lb is more like it. I bet the Food Distributors serviceing healthfood stores are getting close to or better than $4.00/lb wholesale.
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

Just paid $2.60 per pound retail for some local honey (Central Florida) from one of the local, big commercial operators (+11K hives). Generic wildflower honey.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    If those prices are for personal use they are way too low.
    no between them they order 4-5 thousand lbs each year.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Cool Re: Bulk honey prices and market outlook

$2.25 a lb in the barrel and buyers complaining, but I'll be sold out by Oct. Much be to high priced, because they all trying to get extra when they pick up.

Honey market report June 2012 China
    http://www.unicorningredients.com/Ho...tJune2012.html

Heard Sue Bee was buying on the open market..........kinda early for them this year......maybe they know what the projected 2012 US crop is going to be

2.85/lb for 50 drums of wildflower. 2012 honey crop is looking pretty bleak and prices are rising across the board from what we have heard. If you are fortunate enough to have made some honey or have honey on hand, I wouldn't part with it for anything close to last year's price. $2.50/lb or bust.

@odFrank; where our industry has enjoyed its time in the spotlight and honey producers/beekeepers are benefitting from a more educated consumer, the price of commodities and sugars are at all time highs and are not looking like they are going down any time soon. Honey has traditionally mirrored the price of sugar. With the drought and dismal corn crop this year they are talking about an 8% increase in prices.

I personally think it's great time to sell if you have the honey, but I wouldn't be too eager to let go of your inventory unless you get your socks blown off. I was offered $2.25/lb for everything I produced this year and whatever I had on hand. I held out and two months later, I was offered $2.85/lb. So far, patience has been a virtue.

UVBee, what color was the 50 drums of woldflower?

Quote Originally Posted by UVBee View Post
    2.85/lb for 50 drums of wildflower......
    Wow, hadnt heard any numbers like that yet. Major midwest and eastern packers are still around the $2.00 figure. No doubt there are some nervous honey buyers out there with some of the crop reports I am hearing.
    Actually sugar prices and honey prices have never really had much of a connection, like honey it is a unique and complex market. Current sugar prices on the board of trade are around .22 per pound which is about 25% below the .30+ cents level of just over a year ago. It could well be that sugar will become more affordable than corn syrup with corn prices reaching all time highs.
    Last edited by JohnK and Sheri; 07-31-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: excessive quote
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast