Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1012

Wink Re: Bulk honey prices and market outlook

A lot of those US 55 gallon empty drum in the warehouse this year. Does look like I will have to buy any next year.

Default Re: Bulk honey prices and market outlook

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    That late August/early September heat yielded very little out this way. Overall, some of the lightest fall hives I have ever seen. I would guess that over 90% of our production came in about a 3 week period in July. If I had a "way back machine" I would just strip and treat my bees starting the first of August.
    Same Here

Quote Originally Posted by mnbeekeeper View Post
    . the trick is to listen, understand and then perform.
    Very well said MNB, and on a side note, Ole Jimmy is still standing firm & tall after all these years of ups & downs in beekeeping enough said.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Don't want to leave the impression that the honey crop was a disaster....just a bit disappointing at the end. A good beekeeper must super optimistically, yet realistically, some years it pays off, some years it dosent.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I wouldn't know about bulk wholesale prices but here in the UK single source honey from a producers own hives retails at 5 per pound and it's worth it !

What's that in US Dollars. Seems low for retail.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

5 is currently US $8.09 using the linked calculator.

http://coinmill.com/GBP_USD.html#GBP=5
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Quality Honey will always be in demand, if you can't sell it then feed it back to your bees

This may or may not be news, to some, seems to be fishy, age old problem of transhipped honey, wonder where it could be from?

http://www.apinews.com/en/component/k2/item/24077
    VIETNAM - THE COUNTRY PRODUCES SIXTEEN THOUSAND TONS OF HONEY PER YEAR
    Featured Wednesday, 11 December 2013 07:55 Written by Analia Manriquez

Be the first to comment!
    VIETNAM - THE COUNTRY PRODUCES SIXTEEN THOUSAND TONS OF HONEY PER YEAR
    The company DakHoney in the Central Highlands province of Dak Lak, reported that US $ 20 million entered by honey exports after their last shipment to the United States.

In 2013, production of the company reached eight thousand tons, representing half of the national performance of this item.

In the period from January to September 2013 Vietnam has sent the United States a total of 24,048 tons of honey or almost 50% more of the annual production of the country.

Groeb Farms transformed into Natural American Foods ,headquartered in Onsted, Mich. and Smokey the Bear is our USA-made Grade A Honey. In partnership with the USDA Forest Service, we launched the Smokey the Bear branded-retail product in 2013. Smokey supports American bee-keepers by sourcing honey directly from US hives. And even more importantly, a portion of the proceeds from every sale of Smokey The Bear honey go to support the educational efforts of wildfire prevention. Being a good corporate citizen is important to us, and we believe that Smokey is one of the many ways we show it.

Many players with lawsuits and a new player in this game.I hope the dealer is still The American Beekeeper.Its going to be interesting how and when this all plays out, ....maybe it already has

what is the average wholesale price for "American" honey? I am having a hard time getting 2014 prices for some reason.

Wholesale pricing is for larger quantities, often trailer load (40,000 + lbs). Current offerings are around $2.10 for white. $1.90 ELA. Assuming you choose to deal with buyers that pay on time with checks that clear.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

http://www.honey.com/honey-industry/...ry-statistics/
    Average Retail prices http://www.honey.com/honey-industry/...-month-retail/
    Wholesale prices http://www.honey.com/honey-industry/...nth-wholesale/

Take note those these are prices for processed honey, which I would take to mean bottled in what would actually be sold from the store shelf. Also, local markets vary from one place to another.

Kindest Regards
    Danny Unger
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

Bulk honey prices from Canada,Mexico,Argentina, and China http://www.honey.com/honey-industry/...l-bulk-prices/

Packers are starting call.....average price of honey varies from.2.10 to 2.50....sold a load of amber for 2.50 a month ago....as of last week I was offered 2.25 and call before u sell...I talked to 3 different packers in the last 2 weeks....ect

Odem International is forward contracting 2014 Canadian honey crop at 2.25(WHITE) If anything has taught me anything about forward pricing in the honey market, it , the price will be 2.40 or 2.60 come fall, and if the price drops, well the contract will not be worth the paper its written on

Here is the USDA honey report for April.
    http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/ams/FVMHONEY.pdf

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by irwin harlton View Post
    Odem International is forward contracting 2014 Canadian honey crop at 2.25(WHITE) If anything has taught me anything about forward pricing in the honey market, it , the price will be 2.40 or 2.60 come fall, and if the price drops, well the contract will not be worth the paper its written on
    I hope your right, there are a lot of positive market factors working for us. Was that Odem offer based on a truckload?
    Luke

Woops....
    Last edited by sharpdog; 05-03-2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by sharpdog View Post
    I hope your right, there are a lot of positive market factors working for us. Was that Odem offer based on a truckload?
    Luke
    Odem contract would probably specify a minimum one truckload quantity, and minimum color ,white

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast