Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ProVap110 video

Default ProVap110 video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=5v2XdgUwnCE

Both burns were 4g, element temp set at 230, operating range between 240-195

Complete burn, no residue, approx 30 sec burn off

I was wearing a full face mask with charcoal filters

Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Default Re: ProVap110 video

That was some pretty good smoke there Ian nice and consistant unlike the lega which smokes good for a little then stops I may need to look into this unit

Steady complete burn, no residue, 20-30 second on a 4g app

Did you happen to notice what the temp of the vapor was coming out of the gun?

it burnt out between 230 and 195

that looks awesome...the OAV vaporizer i use now is a pain in the butt , however this provap gadget is almost $500!!

What is your price point aran?
    I spend more than $500 on Bee suits every year

Hi Ian,
    That looks like an effective unit. What does it draw, could you run it from an inverter or would you need a generator where you do not have household current? Could you offer how you will fit it into your management? I treat twice a year, currently Apivar in early spring and formic after the supers are removed, and yes both treatments are needed shown by washes. I would love to add a third treatment to the mix just for diversity or perhaps to cut the mites back. I would be very interested in understanding how your planning to fit it in to your total treatment regime.
    thanks

While I can't comment on Ian's management style, as the distributor of the ProVap 110, I can tell you it's 250 watts, 2.2 amps and yes it will run off an inverter.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

It draws 250w, 2.2 amps, 110v so if you were to add an inverter just watch your truck output. Fried alternator comes to mind, but I run a crane off my truck with extra battery and heavy alternator so I'm thinking I'll tap into that
    I use Apivar in the spring (so far still my stand by) and I used the VM late last fall to clean up my high mite counts. The VM worked very well.
    My plan forward;

Apivar >>applied in my singles, rotated strips
    After the last honey boxes come off I'm slapping down a shop towel OA Glycerin mix to test out its efficacy
    And then take advantage of my fall broodless period and slow work days with a OAV round

Quote Originally Posted by aran View Post
    this provap gadget is almost $500!!
    If you have more than a hundred hives you are likely to spend more than that on a single round of Apivar mite treatments. If it is durable....it would be a bargain.
    Remember....this is the commercial forum.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It draws 250w, 2.2 amps, 110v so if you were to add an inverter just watch your truck output. Fried alternator comes to mind, but I run a crane off my truck with extra battery and heavy alternator so I'm thinking I'll tap into that
    I use Apivar in the spring (so far still my stand by) and I used the VM late last fall to clean up my high mite counts. The VM worked very well.
    My plan forward;

Apivar >>applied in my singles, rotated strips
    After the last honey boxes come off I'm slapping down a shop towel OA Glycerin mix to test out its efficacy
    And then take advantage of my fall broodless period and slow work days with a OAV round
    Thank you, for sharing
    I read with interest about the oa/glycerin and will be watching for more data. I would sure like to find an effective alternative to Apivar for cool spring treatment. I was going to use OA during the broodless period but in November I still had good amounts of capped brood and by Dec 1 it was cold and snow covered. I am really not sure when to fit it in to our climate. I have the varrox unit and the one you show would obviously be faster and less intrusive. as far as opening up the entrance to get a pan in .

From the limited experience I have, I found OAV a waste of effort and time during brood. My first round last fall did not budge my mite counts. I increased my testing because I wanted to find efficacy but found none. I finally dig down and realized I had late fall patches of brood hatching out... 4/5% washes. Lucky for me I did not see any DWV with those counts,
    So then I sent another round a 10 days after just before we put the bees inside. Within a few days I did not find a wash over .5%

The bees seemed indifferent to the OA blast except for the clusters hanging out the front
    I rented a VM from a generous neighbour. I was intrigued by the chat of OAV here on Beesource so I thought I'd give it a try

Beesource made me money

Quote Originally Posted by aran View Post
    that looks awesome.. however this provap gadget is almost $500!!
    In "Beespeak" the cost of 3 overpriced nucs
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    In "Beespeak" the cost of 3 overpriced nucs
    I bought the Provap 110 and love it.

Similar to the purchase of the FLIR ONE thermal imaging @ $250. I saved at least 10 colonies that were high in the hive and needed adjustment and some care before they potentially starved.

Just saving one paid for the devise.

And I never had to open a hive to know right were the needy ones were.

FLIR_ONE_170206T071915.jpg

FLIR_ONE_170206T125934.jpg
    Lauri Miller.
    Carniolan Hybrids. Glenn & Wild lines.

Ian just bought one myself are you planning on drilling 1/4 hoes in your boxes or using an entrance board with a 1/4 inch hole , plan on testing it out on friday, A friend wants to make a handle extension, he doesnt want to bend over 2000 times he said

Ian and others. The unit looks tidy and I think would be a good fit for the 100-1500 hive outfits. Assuming it is durable I would consider it a bargain.

Lastly it looks to me that you are using the wrong cartridges. Even though you are using charcoal cartridges you are supposed to use organic vapour/acid gas cartridges. The charcoal only leave some oxalic acid particles through. I could taste it. Not so much with the organic vapour/acid gas cartridges unless they were well used.

Jean-Marc

Special order;
    Sperian NIOSH 100300

Seems to work

Oh yes, I grabbed the wrong mask in the vid, those are organic vapour cartridges, they don't work for OA gas. I later bought these other filters Acid gass filters on special order.

I want one!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast